Chapter 35

Still, in his arms, she stood there, breathing heavily not looking up at his face. She felt him move ever so slightly, as he brushed the hair out of her face.

Softly he moved her chin up to look up at him. "I should, shouldn't I?" She said softly gazing into his eyes. 

"No I can't." She said shaking her head and looking away. "I've got a thousand things to do tomorrow and so do you. And a walk of shame isn't one of those things." She continued, trying to move away from him, but he held her in place.

A small chuckle left his lips, "I could do that walk together with you if that makes it better?" 

"No it doesn't." She said with a playful smile on her face and smacking him in the chest. 

"Alright then, I'll let you go under one condition..." He said, holding on to her tightly. "I get a goodnights kiss."

Before she could even reply he started kissing her. Slightly surprised at first, she soon melted into the kiss. All thoughts of leaving left her mind and only the thought of him remained. Suddenly she didn't think about those deadlines or all those other things that she had to do. 

The moment his lips left her mouth and moved on to her neck, her mind seemed to fully go blank, leaving all reason behind, lost in passion. 

"I..." She softly spoke. 

"Yes?" He said in between kisses.

"I... I think I should stay...."

With one swift motion, she felt herself being lifted off the floor and into James his arms. One arm behind her back and one below her knees he held her kissing her on the lips once more. 

"That's all I wanted to hear." He said taking her further into his apartment. 

When Elizabeth awoke she knew that it was still early. As no light was peeking through the curtains yet.

She tried to move to the edge of the bed to grab her phone and see what time it was when she felt an arm around her waist, holding her in place. 

A smile appeared on her face as she became aware of the warmth behind her, reminding her of earlier that evening. It seemed funny to her at first, that James was a cuddler, not that she minded, but it didn't seem to suit him. 

Stretching out her arm she was just able to grab her phone. Slowly she pulled it towards herself, trying not to wake up James.

Pressing the button on the side, the screen lid up, showing that it was 5:00. She knew that she normally would not have to get up until at least 7:30 but she also knew that she would have to wake up earlier since she wasn't at her own house. 

She sighed as she decided to set an alarm in two hours on her phone. That way she would at least wake up on time she figured. 

"What are you doing?" Said a deep, sleepy voice behind her. 

"Setting an alarm." 

"Do you have to do that?" He said tightening the arm around her waist, pulling her impossibly close to him. 

"Yes."

"Alright..." He sighed. "Now go back to sleep."

When she awoke once more it wasn't because of the sound of her alarm clock, but of a crashing sound coming from the kitchen. Quickly she was up and out of bed, startled by the sound. 

A quick look around the room told her that James was no longer in bed behind her. Confused as to what time it was she picked up her phone. 6:55 it read. 

Another loud noise came from the kitchen and she decided to investigate it. Looking around the room she saw her clothes, that were previously scattered, lying neatly on the chair next to her. She smiled to herself as she put them back on again, and walked out into the kitchen. 

"Morning!" James said smiling standing behind the stove. This surprised Elizabeth.

"Good morning." She said walking over to him. "You made breakfast?" She said chuckling. 

"He! maybe dinner isn't my thing, but breakfast sure is." He said turning off the stove and walking over to her. 

"Be careful, I have morning breath," Elizabeth said taking a step back. 

"I don't care," James said taking a step forward and kissing her.

"Well Good morning," Elizabeth repeated once he let her go, emphasizing the good part. 

James chuckled and took the pan off the stove, "I made you eggs, I hope you like them scrambled."

The two of them ate breakfast in a comfortable silence before Elizabeth had to go to her own apartment. 

"Good thing I live right across the street." She said as the two of them left his building. "Good thing indeed." He said hooking his arm in hers.