Chapter 36

A/N: I know that the last update was short, and I know that I don't update regularly or often. I really wish to update more, but I am quite busy with my studies, so I try to update whenever I can and to not make the chapters too short.

Furthermore, for the people who find my grammar and spelling to be, well, not that great, I am not a native speaker, English is my second language. Plus I am very dyslexic. So I am sorry for spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes, I try my very best not to let them slip in, but it is not my strongest suit. I really don't mind people correcting me (I am happy about them as they are helping me), but I don't like the demeaning comments people leave concerning them.

Sorry for the annotation, lets get back into the story.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several weeks had transpired since Elizabeth's first night at James'. Though they both had their own busy schedule the two of them seemed to make it work. When they had the time they would stay at each other's places, have dinner together, go out on dates etc.

Though the both of them had never said it out loud, they both knew that they were in a relationship.

This week, however, James was away on a business trip, and Elizabeth was swamped with her new project. They had been sending each other text messages but, due to their busyness, those had also become sporadic.

Today was a Friday, a particularly long Friday to be honest. It had started quite early as Elizabeth had to be in at 8 a.m. on the dot. After that, she spent the entire day running around trying to clean up everyone's messes, including her own. 

So when the clock finally read 5 o'clock, and she had finished all of her tasks that day, she nearly cheered. A sigh of relief left her mouth as she entered the elevator taking her down and out of the building. She closed her eyes for a brief moment, before remembering to turn her phone back on. 

Tonight an old friend of hers had an art exposition, where she was showing her work. Her friend, Phoebe, was an unknown photographer, but now finally she had a chance to show her art and possibly even sell it. 

Elizabeth had been thrilled when she got the invitation, happy to see her friend finally fulfilling her dream. 

When her phone was turned on she saw that she had gotten several texts, all coming from either Phoebe or Natalie. Distracted by them for a brief moment she nearly walked into a person. 

"O god, I'm sorry." She said looking up at the man she had into. He was a tall man, strongly build and with sandy blond hair. Overall she had to admit, he didn't look bad, not at all. 

"It's alright, but be carefull." The man replied and Elizabeth was about to walk away. "Wait, you're Elizabeth right?" He said smiling. "Elizabeth Waverton?"

"Yes, how do you know?" She said feeling awkward, this man didn't appear to have come out of a corporate setting, so it seemed unlikely he had heard about the P.A. Nor did he strike her as the person who cared about the painting. 

"Thomas." He said pointing at himself. " Thomas Diamond, we went to high school together."

"Omg, Thomas? God I didn't recognize you." Elizbeth said completely baffled. The last time she had seen that Thomas, he as a very tall and lanky person. Now he looked tall, confided and strong. His bowl haircut was replaced with a slicked back, but in a good way, look. Most of all his face had been cleared fully of all the acne and pimples that he used to have. 

"I get that a lot." He said chuckling, "So how are you doing?" 

"Good, How are you?"

"I'm good, but god it's good to see you. You were one of the few people that was actually nice to me."

"Well I-" She started but Thomas stopped her. 

"But enough about that, what have you been up to?" He said smiling at her. 

"God that's a long list." She chuckled. 

"Well in that case, how 'bout we grab a bite?"

"I'd love to but, I have this thing at seven that I can't miss," Elizabeth replied surprised by this old acquaintance of hers. Sure she had known him in high school, but she had never really been friends. She did, however, remember how others used to bully him, something which she hated with a burning passion. 

Back then she had stuck up for him several times, and the two of them had gotten along pretty well. But in the end, they had different friend groups and never really considered each other friends. 

"Then we'll be quick." He said, flashing her a grin.

"I really have to be there at seven." 

"I'll get you there." He chuckled. 

"Wow, that is some story honey." He said wiping his mouth with his napkin. 

"But how about you?" She said smiling. 

"How about me?"

"Well, how did you end up in the fashion world? I had always thought you would work at NASA or something."

Thomas laughed, throwing his head back and said, "O god no. To tell you the truth, I did use to think that too, but honestly, it just wasn't my thing. Don't get me wrong, science has still got a spot in my heart, but I just can't stand the fashion there." 

At that Elizabeth laughed, "O God you really have changed."

"Oh Honey no, I've just let out what was on the inside. I always knew I liked fashion, but I was already getting bullied for being a nerd, I couldn't have loving fashion being added to that. Then as I got older I got confused about my sexuality. I mean it was no walk in the park, but thank god, finally, I know who I am, and who is the real me."

"I'm just so happy for that poor boy that I used to know," Elizabeth said smiling. "It really is good seeing you again." 

"It is good to see you too Elizabeth." 

It was quarter to seven when Elizabeth and Thomas left the restaurant. Both still arguing about who should have paid for dinner. Elizabeth insisted on doing so, whilst Thomas had done the same thing. In the end, he paid, claiming that though this wasn't a date, it was the gentlemen thing to pay.

"So you still didn't tell me what your thing is," Thomas said as the two of them waited for a cab. 

"Actually if you want you can come too. My friend had an exhibition that is opening tonight." 

"Sounds interesting, go on." He replied hailing a cab. 

"Well, she's a photographer, and now her dream is coming true,"  Elizabeth said stepping into the back of the cab. 

"Alright scootch, I'm coming with." He said making Elizabeth laugh. 

It didn't take long for the two of them to arrive at the gallery. 

Elizabeth was surprised to see the number of people that were already there and started looking for Phoebe. After a bit of searching, she found her friend talking to a stocky stranger. 

"You came!" Phoebe exclaimed, hugging Elizabeth. 

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world. And look I've brought a friend."Elizabeth said pointing at Thomas.

From that moment on the evening went quite well, Elizabeth mostly talked with Thomas and Phoebe, occasionally some other people, but overall she had a great time. 

Suddenly she noticed several people turning to the entrance, watching as they saw one of the most influential people of New York walk into the small gallery.