Extra Chapter 2

Because so many of you requested this...
—————————————————————-
Some time later....

"James?" Elizabeth called as she walked through the mansion trying to locate her husband.

"Yes, dear?"

"Where are you?"

"Kitchen."

"Ah, there you are," Elizabeth said walking into the kitchen. James was sitting at the kitchen table reading a book and eating an apple.

"Here I am." He replied putting the book down and smiling up at her. "What is it dear?"

Elizabeth smiled at him as she sat down. "Well, I think we're gonna need to have the painting redone." She said smiling.

"Sweety I really don't think we need another pet." He said sighing. "I mean we've had that painting redone three times already, and I don't think I can handle another dog, or cat or whatever."

"Don't tell me you don't like Duke, Dina, and Oliver?" she said with a fake pout.

"I'm not, I love them I just think three is enough. Two cats and one dog, that's more than enough." He said moving closer to her.

"Well, that is a shame", she said standing up. "I mean I theoretically could return this one, but then again I'm rather attached to it."

"Did you find a stray dog again?" James said getting up as well.

"No." She said leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Then what did you find?" He said, furrowing his brows.

"I didn't find anything." She said smirking.

"Is he or she here?"

"He or she is closer then you think." She said chuckling.

"Alright," He said sighing. "Show me what you brought home this time woman."

Without saying a word, Elizabeth turned around and started walking out of the room, beckoning her husband to follow her.

With a mischievous glint in her eyes, she walked up the stairs towards their room.

"Is it in our bedroom?" He said confused.

"Just wait and see."

Soon they were standing in their bedroom and Elizabeth told him to wait there. She opened the bathroom ever so slightly and looked around.

"Alright, it's in here, take a look."

James was utterly confused by his wife's behavior. Sure with the first pet, they had chosen him together. It was their dog Duke, they had found him at the pound a year ago. He was a large golden retriever with kind eyes.

Then she had brought in the first stray. It was a small ginger kitten, which she fondly named Oliver. And lastly, she found Dina, a large black cat.

He really did love his pets, but four would definitely be too many.

The first time his wife had informed him the painting had to be redone, he had been stocked. In his mind, she was going to tell them that she was pregnant. But then she came up with the idea of getting a dog.

Sure we talked about having kids, but she wanted to wait. So from then on, he knew that when the painting was to be altered, it meant another fur baby and no real one.

So here he was, curious about what she had brought home this time. He walked over to the bathroom door and carefully opened it just an inch. But he saw nothing, not even a hamster or something like that.

"I don't see anything honey." He said to her.

"Come on honey, look around it's in there."

Confused he stepped into the bathroom and looked around. No animals here. That's when his eyes locked with something lying on the sink.

It was what looked to be a pregnancy test with a small note underneath it. Slowly he picked the two of them up and read it.

This time it's not a pet...

He then looked at the test as his heart filled with joy. Positive.

As fast as he could he ran out of the bathroom to his laughing wife. He wasted no time picking her up and kissing her passionately.

When he broke the kiss he just hugged her tightly and felt tears of joy leaving his eyes.

"I'm gonna be a dad." He said holding her.

"You are." She said, " And I'm gonna be a mother."

"I love you so much." He said letting go of the hug and moving down to hug her stomach.

"I love you too sweety." She said laughing as he held her.

A couple of months later...

"Honey I'm home!" James yelled as he walked into his house. Quickly he hung up his coat and made his way to the kitchen.

"You're late," Elizabeth said smiling. "But dinner is almost ready."

James smiled as he walked over to his wife, standing behind her and putting his arms around her.

"Stop it, honey, don't make me burn dinner." She said playfully pushing him away.

"Sweetheart, why are you even making dinner, I thought Sarah was going to do that?"

"I gave her the day of, maternity leave gives you a lot of free time you know." She said smiling at him. "So I asked her to do the groceries and decided to cook myself."

"Just be careful," he said, "Don't over exert yourself."

"I won't sweety." She replied giving him a kind smile. "Now I do need to pee, so now you need to stir the food."

"That I can do." He said chuckling as he walked over to her. "But first I need a kiss."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it is a bit short, but since so many of you requested this I decided to make it a small chapter. :)

Please leave a comment or a vote if you liked it!