|1|

BRYNN'S POV

"Allllll right, I think that's it for today. I will see you all tomorrow! Great class today, good job, you all."

I sigh with relief and gather up my dance bag and my water bottle.

"Hey, Bostyn," I call once I'm in the hallway. Can you tell our cheer coach I'm not going to be there tomorrow? And whoever's teaching dance class?" I drop my dance bag on the floor and throw on my t-shirt.

"Sure! Oh yeah, you're going to LA. Have fun!"

"Thanks, B." I sling my dance bag over my shoulder and wink at Jaycee. "We're gonna have such a great time! I'm so excited."

"Me too. See you tomorrow!"

"Yup." Heading out the door, into the hot Arizona weather is not fun. Luckily, my mom's in the parking lot in the car with the AC turned all the way up.

"How was dance?" Mom asks.

"Great! I'm so tired." I lie back in the seat, exhausted. Then I jump up. "I'm going to see Kenzie tomorrow!!" I screech.

"I know, I know, you don't need to tell me. That's the 1000th time you've said that today."

I sigh and sink back into the seat. I can't wait to see Kenzie. She was my best friend for the three years we were on Dance Moms together. We did EVERYTHING together. I haven't seen her for a year. I still text her sometimes, but its not the same as seeing the person IN person. The plan is to hang out first and then go out for dinner with some of her friends. I'm so excited.

CARSON'S POV

"Hayden!" I hear Annie's voice calling. "Where are you? They need you for this next shot." She pokes her head into the room where we hang out in between shots and do school.

"Sheesh, I'm coming. Sorry. I forgot my phone." Hayden jumps up and shoves his phone in his pocket.

"So you came all the way back here for it?" Annie laughs at him.

"Yeah," I call as they're exiting. "He had to protect it from me. I do evil things when people leave their phones out."

They laugh. Brooke, next to me, tries to swipe my phone away from me.

"Hey!" I shout.

She winks at me. "I just need to get even with you for what you did to my phone."

I roll my eyes. "Nothing will ever pay me back sufficiently. I did a great job." Two days ago, Tuesday, I took Brooke's phone and changed the language to Portuguese, hid the settings app, hacked all her social media accounts, and spammed her photo album. She was livid. It was amazing.

Everyone ships me and Brooke. I can't deny that Brooke is really, really pretty. She's super duper mature and her voice is so powerful. But for some reason, I've never had a crush on her. We're just super good friends right now.

I plug in my ear buds to, oddly enough, one of Brooke's songs, and start doing my homework.

"Why are your earbuds so loud?" I hear Brooke shouting.

I remove one and cock an eyebrow at her. "Huh?"

"Your earbuds. Your music is playing so loud I swear they can hear you in the cafeteria." Brooke laughs.

"That's how loud they always are!" I protest.

She shrugs. "Turn them down, please. But I guess I'm honored you're listening to my song."

"It's just what's on my playlist." I clarify.

I've only been doing homework for 10 minutes when Annie, Hayley, Rush, Hayley, and Ms. Katie come back in.

"ITS A WRAP!" Annie screams.

"Yeah, for today. Quiet it down, I'm trying to do my schoolwork." I feign annoyance.

Then Hayley screams, "WE'RE DONE FOR THE DAY! WE CAN GO HOME NOW!"

"Ok, ok, when it's you, it's adorable. When it's Annie, it's plain annoying." I joke. I shut my computer and pick Hayley up and swing her around. She laughs.

"Put me down now." Hayley gasps for breath from laughing so hard. "I just had to film a scene cramming 10 donuts in my mouth for Mani, so I'm really full."

"Ooh, can I have your role?" Brooke jokes.

"Hey," Hayden says suddenly, "Kenzie said she's hanging out with Brynn Rumfallo tomorrow and she wants us to meet her and hang out with her on Saturday. Are y'all up for it?"

"Brynn?" I ask. "Who's she?"

"You should know," Annie says, reprimandingly. "You told Kenzie you used to watch Dance Moms."

I laugh. "Ohh, her. The blonde one? Not Jojo."

"That's the one." Ms. Katie replies.

"So are you guys up for it? I think she wants us to hang out at the Grove."

"Yes!" We all chorus.

"Who doesn't want to miss an opportunity to hang out with Kenzie?" Annie shouts.

"Ok, it's a date!"

"Then are we all third wheeling you and Kenzie?" I say, and notice Annie frown a little. "Just kidding, I meant third wheeling you and Annie."

"No. It's just a hangout with friends." Hayley playfully punches my arm. "You don't need to complicate things."

-
-
-
-
-
A/N: lolll I'm rereading this after I finished the book and it's so cringy and boring at the beginning. My writing has improved immensely, and I PROMISE it gets so much better later. The juicy drama starts later too so keep reading :))