|29|

CARSON'S POV

"Matt, Indiana, Mads, Riley. First line. Behind are Carson and Hayden." Brynn, sit on that bench over there. Do you have your book? Tales from Shakespeare. Ok, good." The producer hurries around, moving people into certain positions, calling for props, until everything is to his liking.

"All right. Everyone ready?" He holds up a thumbs up and steps behind the camera. A stage hand steps in front of the camera.

"Chicken Girls season 3, episode 1, scene 1."

He steps back, and the producer calls, "Action."

¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

The school is full of life. Everyone scurries around, or huddles in a conversation with their friend group.

"Hey, TK, are you doing anything over the summer?" Ace, aka me, asks TK.

"I don't know yet. What are we doing, Birdie?"

Birdie turns around. "I have no idea. Probably no where. We Chicken Girls are going to be doing a lot of completions this summer."

TK sighs. I pat him on the shoulder.

"Hey, it's ok. You can come with me and they'll stay here."

"But I'm the dance team manager!" He protests.

"You mean you want to stay to see Rhyme." I nudge him.

Just then, Rhyme comes up. "Hey, TK. What's up? Can you believe it's the last day of school already?"

I vaguely try to hide my laugh. "I'll give you some," here I insert an intentional cough, "Thyme. Hahaha."

Rhyme gives me a funny look, and I'm about to laugh again, when a teacher comes over.

"Um, Ace, can I have a word with you?"

"Me? Uhh, sure."

¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

"Aaaaaaand cut." The director claps his hands. "Great. Let's do individual shots now."

After we finish shooting those, they move on to the next scene.

¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

"Ace, we've noticed you are missing some credits. Your grades also are not as high as they should be." The teacher drones.

I look longingly at TK, who's enjoying the freedom I don't have right now.

"Ace?"

I jerk back to the teacher in front of me.

"So...what does that mean I have to do?"

"Summer school."

I stare in shock. "Ok, what?" I burst out.

"You need to do summer school. Or a week or two of tutoring."

"Which one is shorter?" I ask in exasperation.

"Tutoring." The teacher shrugs.

"Okayyyyy, then I'll take that one. Who's my tutor?"

The teacher nods to a girl I didn't notice before. "Her."

"Her? Who's she? Never seen her before." I take another look at her. She's cute. But what the heck is she reading? Some giant, old looking book...

"Carrie. Carrie Burns. You'll meet her eventually. Glad we could arrange your summer plans. See you later, Ace."

She turns and leaves as I stare at her in disbelief. 'Dictate my summer?' Is she crazy? At least it's only two weeks.

I give this odd girl another look and then turn to find TK.

¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

"Perfect. Individuals next."

A/N: WOWOW THANK YOU ALL FOR 1K READS ❤️❤️