|20|

BRYNN'S POV

I'm sitting across from Carson at the table. Jeez, he's got really cute eyes. Are they blue or green or brown? I really don't want to stare really hard, so I struggle for a conversation starter.

"So..." Gosh, I'm so awkward. "Are you naturally blonde?"

He smiles. "Yup. All natural. You?"

I nod. "I was born with black hair, but eventually it turned blonde."

"No way." He leans back and crosses his arms.

Annie leans over. "What, did Brynn just confess her love?"

"No!!" We both protest.

"Wait, really? That's every girl's dream." Carson smiles.

"And what would you know about girls, Carson Leedurs," I say, being careful to pronounce his name correctly.

I raises his eyebrows. "What can I say? I'm a ladies man."

"Or is that just a façade you have from Chicken Girls?" I counter. "Deep down, you just have one girl you're into?"

He's silent for a second, then laughs it off casually. "No, no." Then he looks at me intently. "So, you know about Ace, huh? Watch Chicken Girls often?"

Oops. Uhh, not really, just recently once I heard about Carson... I mean I watched it for everyone else....duh... But I'm having fun right now, so I sassily reply, "Just for you."

"Woah, Bryson gettin' real." Kenzie passes the table, and places a hand on my shoulder. "If you wanna get serious, though, Brynny, you have to stay in LA."

"Long distance can work too." Carson suggests.

"Woah, did you just say it could work? You didn't deny it."

"Uhh, no." Carson crosses his arms and laughs.

"You'd be so cute, though." Annie whines, leaning over to pop into the conversation.

"Stop making everything about Bryson." Carson sighs. "Really."

Kenzie turns to leave. "THEN STOP FLIRTING!" she calls over her shoulder.

CARSON'S POV

Jeez. I love talking to Brynn. She's so easy-going. We've talked about serious things, we've talked about silly things, we've flirted, but I've enjoyed it all. I still wonder who set it up that we'd sit across from each other tho...

I notice Brynn stopped talking. She's looking down at her phone.

"Oh my gosh. Shi*." She mutters under her breath.

"What happened? Are you ok?" I ask quickly.

She sighs and slaps her phone down on the table. "I hate being famous."

"What happened?"

"Leaks."

I realize what she's talking about. As a famous person, getting your personal information or pictures can ruin your career and your image. You get a lot of hate for it too. I haven't gotten things leaked very much. Nothing that bad, either.

Maybe Brynn isn't the innocent girl anymore.

"I'm really sorry. What are they of?"

She sighs. "Just some dumb pictures I took with my friends. And the ones of my trying to vape. I know," she puts up her hand as if to stop me from talking. "I'm a bad kid. I just tried it once. I get peer pressured sometimes. One of my friends must have leaked it." She sighs again.

"It's ok, really. You live and you learn."

"I won't be seen the same after this. Look." She pulls up the post on her phone, revealing some scandalous pictures of Brynn and her friends.

" She pulls up the post on her phone, revealing some scandalous pictures of Brynn and her friends

A/N: these are real, but please don't hate on her

A/N: these are real, but please don't hate on her. She apologized for them. I just put them here so the story seems more real :)

I stare at it for a second, and then hand the phone back to her. Eek. That's a hard rut to get out of...

"I know, I'm terrible." Brynn says, looking even more depressed.

"No, Brynn. It's ok. I don't think any worse of you." Do I not, though?

Is Brynn really a "bad girl"? I've never considered myself someone who was into bad girls. Wait. Did I just say that I'm into Brynn? Uhh, no. I mean, I don't think...