|27|

BRYNN'S POV

"Can you believe we are back in LA?" Mom asks me.

"Nope."

Mom makes a turn and pulls into the parking lot. My heart rate increases.

"Excited?"

I nod. "Very. It's only the table read today, but still...they're all such cool people."

"They are. Very sweet." Mom parks the car and turns to look at me. "Nervous? It's gonna be great."

"A little. Mostly just excited."

Mom smiles. "Good. Now go and have fun. I'm going to go talk to Greg, one of the producers for a short bit."

I hop out of the car and grab my backpack. Mom smiles at me, and I smile back. My heart rate is really fast and I take a couple breaths to slow it down.

As if I wasn't already freaked out, Carson texts me.

Carson

Here yet?

Yup
Where do I go??

Where are you?

In front of door 3

Oh I know where that is
I'll come get you
Stay there :)

K

I stand there, heart beating fast, waiting. Suddenly, the door bursts open and Carson comes out.

"Hey, Brynn!" He calls, and hugs me.

I'm smiling really big. This guy makes me so happy. Just being around him. Wow, I'm so sappy and gross, sorry.

"So nice to see you!"

He smiles. "You too." Then, awkwardly, he adds, "I missed you."

"Me too."

There's a silence for a second, and then he says, "Let's go!" and pulls me inside.

"So," Carson smiles at me, "Are you excited or what?"

I nod. "Very pumped. Like I'm about to join the Chicken Girls SQUAD."

He laughs. "Yeah, we should add you to the group chat."

Finally, he pulls open a door, which opens into a large room. There's a large table with several people sitting around it. I recognize most of them.

"Hey guys," Carson says, putting his arm around my shoulders, "This is Brynn. Many of you have heard of her, and you know that she's coming, so here she is."

They all laugh, and Hayden says, "Woah, you're playing your character already."

Annie insists on introducing me to the rest of the group.

"Brynn, this is Mads. Mads, this is Brynn."

Mads smiles at me. "I've heard of you." My heart drops. Surely I'm not that infamous for my leaks, am I? "You were on Dance Moms. I'm low-key freaking out that I'm seeing you right now." I sigh in relief.

"Aww, you are so sweet! I can't believe I'm seeing Birdie right now." She laughs.

After I meet everyone, I take a seat at the table. There's a script there with my name on it.

Carson sits across from me, and I sit in between Annie and Brooke.

Brooke is the sweetest girl ever.

Soon, the producer comes in, and we start reading the script.

In the script, I'm a really weird girl because I'm a nerd and I don't like to talk to people. I slowly warm up as I'm forced to do the school newspaper, and meet more people. I even do a story for the Attaway Appeal on the Chicken Girls, so I hang out with them for a couple days.

I really like it. I'm so excited.

Just as we finish the table read, Mrs. LeBlanc announces that we're going to go out for lunch together to celebrate starting Season 3.

Then, I get a text.

Jaycee

hey brynny

read 12:09 pm

Why are you ignoring me??

read 12:10 pm

Oh I get it. You're in LA, doing bigger and better things with fake best friends so you don't have time for affairs at home.

That's it. Jaycee really knows how to get under my skin.

No. Maybe it's because you were being a jerk.

Wdym

Funny. Very funny.
We're not friends anymore, Jaycee.

Oh sorry am I not as successful as Kenzie?

That had nothing to do with it, Jaycee.
You're obviously not smart enough to know why.
You're problematic, that's why.
You love drama.

Why would you think that?

Do you think that by feigning ignorance I'll come back and pretend nothing happened??
Don't ever talk to me again.
Bye, Jaycee.

I thrust my phone into my pocket, and  watch my mom talking to Mrs. LeBlanc.

"What's wrong?" Brooke leans over and rubs my arm.

I smile slightly at her. "I'm fine. Thanks. My friend's just being a jerk. I mean, ex-friend."

Brooke sighs. "Tell me about it. I've so many of those. Especially because I'm living in LA now. It sucks."

"Brynn! Let's go." Mom motions for me to leave.

I turn to Brooke. "I'll see you at the restaurant! Nice talking to you."

A/N: I can't believe we're almost at 1000 reads!! Thank you all so so much ❤️❤️