|41|

CARSON'S POV

I still don't know how I feel about this kissing scene coming up. It sounds really weird to say I'm excited, and I'm not sure if I am excited. I'm starting to really think I have a crush on Brynn. I love talking to her, her smile, her laugh, and she's so sweet and super adorable.

But I don't want to admit it to myself.

"Are you all set for this scene? I know you're all looking forward to it." Greg, the director, smirks at both of us.

I look at Brynn. She looks really cute. Her hair, her outfit, her smile... I guess I should be more excited.

Brynn smiles at me, but looks super nervous.

"It's gonna be fine," I whisper, and glance around the room. "Geez, do you all have to be here?"

All the other kids came in to watch it.

"Yeah, duh." Caden answers, making Brynn blush even harder.

"Are they going to distract you?" Greg asks.

Brynn and I both nod vigorously.

"C'mon, you'll see the episode once it comes out. Heck, you can just ask Justin to show you the clip once we're finished." I sigh loudly.

Justin, the camera man, nods to them. "Yeah, shoo, I promise I'll show you all."

With loud sighs, they all reluctantly leave.

"Just you and me, baby," I joke, winking at Brynn. She blushes even deeper.

"All right, y'all ready?"

I nod. Taking a deep breath, Brynn replies, "Ready as I'll ever be."

¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

"Guess what."

I look up at Carrie. She's smiling at me.

"What?" I reply in annoyance.

"Today is your last day of tutoring."

I bolt upright. "Huh??"

Smiling, she replies, "Miss Taylors said you could be done."

"Wait, really?"

Carrie nods.

I all but jump out of my chair. "So can I just leave now?"

"Um, no...do one last set of problems while I check your essay. Then you can go. But...I-I also want to talk to you."

I give her a funny look. "Oookayy."

Finally, I finish the set of problems. I look up at her to see her staring at me.

"Yeah?"

She blinked quickly. "O-oh, nothing. Your essay is great."

Pulling out the answer manual of her backpack, she begins checking my problem set.

I study her face while she works. She's cute, I guess, but SUCH a nerd. Ew.

"97.5%. Great job." Carrie smiles at me, and hands me the paper.

"Aren't ya gonna make me redo the problems I got wrong?" I ask, raising my eyebrows at her.

She shakes her head. "Nah. You're good."

I pack up my books as if they were on fire, and then push m my chair in.

"You know, I'm gonna miss our turoring sessions." Carrie says, still sitting at the table.

"Oh, yeah?"

She gets up and zips her backpack shut. Then, pushing in her chair, she comes closer to me.

"I'm gonna miss..." She steps closer again... "You."

Without warning, she puts her hands around my neck and...

¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

"I'm sorry, I can't do it." Brynn drops her hands from my neck, her face bright red.

Greg sighs, but stays silent.

"I-I just can't. It's-I-I..." She trails off, "I'm sorry."

I put my hands on her shoulders. "Of course you can. Forget that it's me. It's just Carrie and Ace."

She sighs again. "I'm really sorry. Can I get a drink of water?"

Justin nods and tosses a water bottle at her.

After taking a couple sips and some deep breaths, she finally smiles.

"I'm ready."

A/N: haha I'm so mean 😈