|47|

A/N: here's the Jenzie for you purplefacey ;)

JOHNNY'S POV

I got back from the store with Kenzie's gift. I know she'll love it. I'm positive. Maybe she'll stop annoying me then 🤔

Jk, Kenzie's great.

I pack it up carefully, and then pick up my camera.

"Hey guys, what's up, it's Johnny. Today, I'm going to be surprising Mackenzie Ziegler with a really special gift. Brynn told me she was kind of upset, so I thought of the perfect gift, and I know she'll love it." I show the camera the inside of the box, and then I call Darian.

"Hey, Dar??"

Darian comes charging up the stairs. She's the best sister ever.

"Can you drive me over to the Zieglers?"

Her eyes open wide. "Omg are you going to ask her out??"

Lauren jumps out of her bedroom. "WHAT?"

"NO! I AM NOT." I sigh loudly. "Please. I'm giving Kenzie something. Please."

"Ok, fine." Darian pulls down the corners of her mouth. "It would be better if you would be asking Kenzie out."

"Can I come too?" Lauren gives me puppy dog eyes.

"FINE!!"

+++++++

I pick up the camera and start recording. Lauren and Darian are jamming out to a song I don't know, so I'm just sitting yet awkwardly.

"C'mon guys, when did it become a girls trip? Let me play a song," I beg.

Lauren shakes her head at me. "Nah, we're good." She taps another song on her phone and makes a pointed look at me. "Oh, you'll like this one."

She adjusts the volume all the way up, and they start blasting Girl Party and belting it out at the top of their lungs.

I take a video of me doing a face palm and put it on my story. Kenzie replies to it quickly.

kenzie replied to your story: omggg hahaha where are you going

I reply sneakily.

somewhere

bruh

Finally, we pull up to the front door. My heart beats a little faster, but I pull out my camera and hit record.

"So we're here at Kenzie's house. I'm kind of nervous, but I bet she'll be super excited."

I pull out the box gently, and take it up to the house. Darian holds the camera for me.

"Hi, Mrs. Ziegler," I say politely when I come in. "Where's -"

She cuts me off. "Can I see it?"

I laugh. "You have to wait for Kenzie. Where is she?"

"Upstairs."

I tiptoe upstairs with Lauren, Darian and Mrs. Ziegler following.

"Johnny! What are you doing here?" Maddie comes out of her bedroom.

"SHH!" I say hurriedly. I motion to my package, and her mouth drops open.

Finally, I make it to the door and knock on it.

I hear Brynn and Kenzie giggling from inside. Then the door opens.

"Hey, John," Kenzie says, and then she sees the crowd behind me. "What's going on..."

"So..." I start, and I can't hold my laughter back. "I mean, I heard you were kind of sad yesterday...so I got you something." I clear my throat, and then I clarify, "As a friend."

At the last part, Brynn lets out a loud guffaw and I glare at her.

"So what is it?" Kenzie asks. I hand her the box.

Carefully, she starts to open it. Then she lets out a soft gasp. She turns wide eyes to me.

"You did not."

I smile back. "Go on, open it."

She reaches in the box...and pulls delicately out a soft, tiny, little puppy.

"Oh my gosh. JOHNNY!!"

I can't help but smile bigger. "Do you like it?"

"DO I LIKE IT??" She comes over and squeezes me in a hug, still in shock.

"Thank you so much," she breathes. I hug her tightly, but carefully, bring careful of the small puppy.

"I remember seeing your live that one time about you begging your mom about a puppy," I say, smiling down at Kenzie, who's still hugging me.

"Oh my gosh, you still remember that?" She laughs lightly. The feeling of Kenzie on my chest makes the world seem brighter...

"Thank you so much, John. I can't believe..." She steps back and looks down at the little puppy. "This is mine?"

We all laugh, and Kenzie hugs me again.

"I think we'll just give you two some time alone," Brynn says, pulling Lauren out of the room, pushing Maddie, Darian and Mrs. Ziegler in front of her

"Hey!!" Kenzie calls after them. Brynn and Lauren giggle, but they don't come back.

I sigh happily. Kenzie turns back towards me. "Why would you do this for me?" She nuzzles the puppy's neck and smiles up at me.

Pausing for a second, I look at them. They look so happy.

"I don't know." I scratch the back of my neck im thought. "I just wanted to make you happy."

The smile on her face tells me that I succeeded.