|39|

ANNIE'S POV

"Hayleyyy! Can you grab my water bottle?" I lean backwards in my chair, reaching out to Hayley.

"No," she replies sassily, crossing her arms. "Get it yourself."

Carson laughs. "Oof, the sass."

Just then, Mads and Caden come into the room, arms around each other's waists.

Brynn stands up when she sees them. "Woah, I haven't seen you guys talk since last week."

Mads nudges Caden. "See, I told you, it's been a week."

He rolls his eyes and tickles her side, causing her to giggle.

Dylan raises her eyebrows at the pair. "Bro, what's going on?"

Caden and Mads look at each other. "Well...guess what? Maden is back together."

"WHAT??" everyone in the room bursts out.

Carson comes over to shake Caden's hand. "Dude, I told you, it's a match MADEN heaven HAHAHA."

We all roll our eyes but laugh nonetheless.

"When did this happen?" Riley asks, still looking really confused.

"Um, like two minutes ago..."

Mr. Summerall comes into the room. "We're filming in five minutes. You all know that, right?"

++++++++

"Chicken Girls, season 3, episode 8, secene 3."

¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

"Let's get moving. Where's TK?" Birdie bursts out, looking more like she's going to explode every second.

"Here, sorry," TK says, rushing into the gym, his backpack all open and papers spilling out.

"What took you so long??"

TK sighs and opens his computer to set up the music. "Sorry, I was preoccupied with...a project."

Birdie stands impatiently, waiting with her hands on her hips until finally, the music starts.

We won our last two competitions, and we have one more before State and Regionals, and hopefully Nationals.

"Today, we're learning a new dance routine. It's to the song Castle by Halsey."

Birdie then shows us a video of what the choreography should look like.

We get working quickly on it, and soon, we've learned half of it.

¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

"Great job, guys."

++++++++

"Guys. Can you believe we're halway done shooting season 3?" Mads bursts out as we finally take a break for lunch.

"Nope."

"Halfway done??" Brynn bursts out. "I don't want it to end."

Brooke nudges her with a wink. "I know, you're gonna miss your quality time with Carson."

"What??"

I laugh. "It's obvious. You basically spend 70% of your time talking to him."

"So what?" Carson counters.

Hayden comes up beside me and puts his arm around my shoulders.

"So Carson, how do you feel about having to kiss Brynn?"

Carson blushes, barely noticably, but I'm standing close to him, so I notice it.

"Let's NOT talk about that. None of my answers except for ''i'm excited cuz I love Brynn' would satisfy you." He laughs.

"But why can't you say that?" Hayden teases further, raising his eyebrows.

"Bye, gotta go!" Brynn jokes, pulling Carson's hand to lead him out of the room.

BRYNN'S POV

¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

"Good work today, Ace." I say, slamming the giant textbook shut.

"How soon will I be done with this stupid tutorings?" Ace asks, leaning back and rubbing his forehead with his palm.

I shake my head disapprovingly at him.

"That's not correct grammar."

He face palms again. "I thought we were working on math. And now we're going to work on Science. We're not at grammar yet."

I shrug. "You still can work on it. And when we'll be finished depends on how hard you work. I guess you're doing pretty well. Maybe in a week?"

"Really?" His eyes brighten, and he all but jumps up out of his chair.

Running my fingers through my hair, I smile. "I see you're friends with the manager of the Attaway Dance Team."

"Oh, TK? Yeah." Ace looks up at me.

"I want to watch their State meet here in Attaway. Can you ask, uh, TK when it is?"

He gives me a funny look. "Uhh, ok."

"Are you going?"

The truth is, I'm starting to like Ace. He's really cute, albeit annoying, but I think I have a crush on him.

"Uhh, I don't know...does it matter?"

My face flashes pink. "Of course not."

"Ok."

I cough awkwardly. "So...let's get back to science."

A/N: hiiii so just so you guys know there was a slight time skip so other things have happened in between this and the other scenes I've talked about.

Also, do you guys find it annoying because the book is super long?