|32|

BRYNN'S POV

I'm sitting in the school room with Hayley, doing homework while I wait to be called for the next scene.

"Do you still dance?" Hayley asks suddenly, plopping down beside me.

I nod. "Yup. Every day. I do a lot of cheerleading too."

"Which do you like better?"

Pausing to think a second, I finally decide, "Dance. Cheer is like dance on steroroids, but I like the more chill kind."

Hayley laughs at my description as my mom enters the school room.

"Hey, honey, how's it going?" She asks, coming over and giving me a quick hug.

"Pretty well, I guess."

"Is Hayley keeping you good company?"

I nod, smiling at Hayley.

"Ooh," she says, jumping up. "Let's vlog." She grabs the vlog camera out of her backpack and flips it on.

"Hey guys, so I'm here with Brynn. We're waiting. It's kinda boring." She laughs as she narrates.

I tickle her as she sits down next to me. "Am I your best friend now?"

"I don't know...Carson's pretty close too." A realization hits her, and she gives me a giant grin. "Bryson. My paren-TSS!" She ends with a shriek as she tries to escape my grasp.

"Stop, stop," she gasps, clutching the video camera and her sides as I relentlessly tickle her. "Mrs. Rumfallo, make her stop."

"Brynn." Mom laughs.

I reluctantly release the dying Hayley, and then engulf her in a hug.

"PDA." Carson announces as he enters the room.

"What does that mean?" Hayley asks.

"Public Displays of Affection," I say, planting a kiss on Hayley's cheek. "Like this."

"Eww," Hayley protests. "Give that to Carson."

My eyes widen and Carson and mom laugh.

"What time is it?" I ask, desperately trying to get the subject off of me and Carson.

"Time for you and Carson to date."

"HAYLEY!"

She giggles, and Carson swoops her up and carries her outside.

As he heads out, he calls over his shoulder, "Actually, Brynn, it's time to..." He disappears, without finishing his sentence.

"What??"

He pokes his head in again, his cheeks a little pink...from carrying Hayley, of course...

"We're filming a scene now."

¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

"Ace, do you want to meet your tutor now?" I hear the teacher calling Ace over.

"No. I actually don't, ma'am."

I can almost hear the teachers eyes rolling back inside her head.

I wonder who he is. Is he a bad kid? Probably not...they didn't list absences or skipped classes as the reason for him needing summer school...

"Carrie?" The teacher pokes her head back into the office and beckons me out.

I step out, to come face to face with Him. He's cute. Blonde hair, green eyes, pretty tall...

"Carrie?"

I snap out of it. "Uhh, yeah?"

"This is Ace. The kid you'll be tutoring this summer."

"You mean for two weeks." He clarifies.

"That depends on how good you are."

"Oh, is she my mom now?" Ace snaps back.

The teacher sighs. "Ace, you know what I mean."

I shift uncomfortably on my feet, running my fingers though my hair nervously.

"We can talk about this later. For now, you too need to exchange numbers so you can arrange when you will meet. Carrie will be checking in with me, so I will know what's going on." She turns on her heel and goes back into her office.

There's an awkward silence for a second, with me avoiding his glance, and then Ace finally attempts a very awkward, "Hey."

I look at him for a second. "Hi."

"Can I have your number?"

I smirk at him. "Is that how you get all girls' phone numbers?"

His cheeks flash red, and he splutters, "Nnn-no, no, I-I mean we're supposed to exchange numbers. That's what sh-she said."

I laugh at his embarrassment. "I know, I'm joking." I hand him my phone and then awkwardly shift on my feet again.

He puts in his information and then hands me his phone.

"Who's that?" I ask, pointing to his lock screen, which is a picture of him and Holly.

"Uhh," he says, his attention snapping back to me, "Me and my..." He trails off.

"Your..." I prod.

"None of your business." He says, sassily, and snatches back his phone. "Text me later." He leaves, with me starting at his back.

"O-o-k..." I say, awkwardly. Then I call,"See you around!"

He doesn't answer, so I uncomfortably retrieve my backpack and leave.

¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

"Ooh, that was good." The producer says, clapping his hands.

Carson walks back, and we exchange a smile.