|54|

BRYNN'S POV

"Hey, Brynn, come sit over here!" Carson calls, and I come over and sit down

"Can you believe we already are at our last week of filming?" I ask, straightening out my chair.

He shakes his head. "Nope."

Rush nudges Hayden next to him. "Look, it's Annie."

Hayden's head jerks up and he stares as Kenzie and Annie walk in, arms around each other's shoulders.

"Looks like they made up..." I note. Brooke nods and smiles in relief.

"That's good. I was getting kind of scared, to be honest."

Hayden sighs. "I guess it's my turn to explain. Wish me luck..." He pushes his chair back slowly and gets up.

Across the room, Annie sees him coming and stops. Hayden puts his arm around her shoulder, and then they disappear outside again to talk.

"Hey."

I smile at Kenzie as she sits down and she smiles back. "So you're all cool now?"

"Yup."

Pulling out her notepad, a waitress steps up to the table. "What can I get you all to drink?"

Amused, I can tell Rush thinks she's cute, because he starts hitting on her.

"Oh, nothing. I'm drinking in the sights right now." He leans on his elbows and stares at her.

"He'll take water," Brooke says, pushing Rush and rolling her eyes. "And I'll take some Coke."

After we all give our drink requests and the waitress leaves, Carson punches Rush jokingly.

"I passed on my Lady's Man attitude to you, I guess."

Vigorously, Rush nods his head. "Yup. Because you only have one lady you have eyes for now."

Carson and I just roll our eyes.

HAYDEN'S POV

"I get it. I forgive you. But I think we should just be friends."

My heart drops, as does my gaze. "...oh. Okay..."

Annie puts her hand on my shoulder. "We're too young anyways. Maybe in the future. We've had so many great memories already, and if we're in a relationship, it'll hurt if it happens again. I don't want anything to get in the way of our friendship."

She notices me ignoring her eyes and lifts my chin with her fingertips. "Hayden, maybe when we're older. But not yet. I still love you, and I always will. We're just too young."

Slowly, I nod. Then I pull her into a hug. "I understand."

I smirk. "Best friends?"

"Best friends." Annie's smile lights up the world, and makes me know for sure that everything is going to be ok.

I'm willing to be just friends for now, because Annie IS my best friend. I throw my arm around Annie's shoulders, and we start walking back inside.

Best friends. I like the sound of that

-
-
-
-
A/N: shout out to MirandaGil299 and zwilson558 for spamming my story with likes! Can ya believe this book is gonna be over soon 😱😭