|44|

HAYDEN'S POV

"I finally finished my homework," I groan, shutting my MacBook loudly.

Mom smiles at me. "Good for you. What are you going to do now?"

Grinning devilishly, and opening my phone, I reply, "Fortnite. Duh."

Suddenly, the back door slams and my dad comes in. He looks really upset.

"Hayden."

"Uhh, yeah? What's wrong?"

"Is it true that you kissed Annie at the party?"

Oh, crudmuffins. "Which party?"

Dad rubs his forhead in annoyance. "Your birthday party."

"No-o....why?" Actually, I did. Someone got a video of it and it got leaked. But what's wrong with me kissing her?

"Billy got really mad about it."

"What's it? I didn't kiss her." I insist, feigning innocence.

"The video got leaked, Hayden." Dad glares at me.

Mom looks really startled. "Why is Billy so upset?"

"He says he told you, Hayden, that he didn't want you guys to kiss. Is that true?"

"Yeah...but it doesn't matter because we didn't."

Dad sighs. "Annie told him you did."

"Why would she tell him that??" I burst out, groaning.

Shrugging, Dad turns to get a cup of ice water. As he's filling it, he says, "Billy's really mad. I told him it doesn't matter because you're just kids. He's mad because he told you not to and you disobeyed him. When I tried to defend you, he just got mad at me."

"...so..."

"He unfollowed us all on Instagram and they're probably going to cancel future tour dates with Rock your Hair. Also, he says that you're not allowed to talk to Annie."

That last sentence hits me like a bomb. "What??"

Dad shrugs again. "That's what he said. I have to go to a meeting, so I'll talk to you later." With that, he turns and disappears out the door.

I sit there for a long second, staring in disbelief. I can't talk to Annie anymore. Just because of one kiss.

I pick up my phone, though not to play fornite, but to text Annie.

Annie 😘

Annie

seen 4:37 pm

What's going on with our dads

You're not supposed to be talking to me.

But I want to know what's going on

Sorry

Why did you tell your dad we kissed??

You're not supposed to be talking to me Hayden

But Annie

Hayden, this is Mr. Billy. I instructed your dad to tell you you are not allowed to talk to Annie anymore. I'm going to tell you one more time. Don't talk to Annie again.

May I call you right now?

No.
Conversation is over.
Sorry, Hayden. If you had listened the first time...

I'm really sorry, Mr. LeBlanc
I'll do anything to make it right

I'm sorry, Hayden.
If you keep trying to text Annie, I'm going to block you

Can I explain though?

I'll talk to you later, Hayden.

I throw my phone down on the floor. I don't care if the screen cracks. I really don't. All I care about is Annie, and I won't be able to ever talk to her again.

A/N: so this is just speculation of what's really going on with Hannie rn lol. Something obviously happened between them. A little secret I actually don't ship Hannie lolol but they're a cute friendship ig but I'm just confused what's going on...