|22|

BRYNNS POV

I enter the hotel room, smiling. I'm not sure quite why I'm smiling. Maybe it's because of the texts I've been exchanging with Carson, or maybe it's because I just had a fun time...talking to Carson...Oops.

"Hey, honey," Mom says as I enter, "How was it?"

"Really great." I start to blush, so I bend down to move my shoes over to the wall, instead of kicking them like I usually do.

Mom's on her laptop, and she beckons me over.

"Where's Jaycee?" I ask as I sit down next to her.

"She's in the pool with Sadie." She says quickly. "So, we're having a meeting with Brat Productions tomorrow."

My heart jumps. "Really? For what?"

"I talked to your manager. He thinks it would be a thing for your career. They would start filming close to the end of the school year, so you would just tell your school you're leaving early for a job. I emailed your principal already."

I can't help but smile. "Thanks, Mom! I can't wait." I give her a quick hug, and then remember something. "Did they say which show I would be on?"

"That's what they're going to decide tomorrow."

CARSON'S POV

"Bro, pay attention."

My head snaps up, and I quickly put my phone down.

Johnny and Hayden look at me in amusement.

"Who are you talking to anyways?" Johnny asks.

"Brynn." I answer truthfully, and instantly regret it.

They start laughing and nudging each other.

"Bro, keep it together. I don't even like her, ok?"

Johnny shakes his head. "Naw, I saw that adorable hug you had with Brynn. It was so random."

"It was not random!"

"Mm, then what was it for?" Hayden antagonizes.

I sigh. "Private stuff."

"Hehehe, like what?"

I face palm myself. "Nothing! Private, private, private. That means no information."

"Hmm...aka Carson has a secret with Brynn." Hayden smirks.

"Ohhhh, was it about the leaks?" Johnny says.

"Uhh, how did you know?" I give him a suspicious look.

"Kenzie told me she was upset about the leaks."

"What leaks?" Hayden asks, confused.

"Just some inappropriate pictures Brynn took with her friends." I say briefly, trying to end the conversation.

Johnny reaches for his phone. "I'll show you."

"No!" I reach out my hand to stop him. "It's private. She doesn't want it shared."

"It's fine." Johnny says. "It'll stay here." He shows Hayden the picture, while I sit with my head in my hands. Brynn would be so upset.

 Brynn would be so upset

"Woah." Hayden says, once he sees them. "You got a sexy girl."

"Hayden!!" Johnny and I shout together.

"What? Sorry." He smirks at me again and sits back in his seat.

"Ok, focus on what we're here for." Johnny says, and grabs a guitar from the wall. We're all doing a collaborative song together, just like when we were younger. It's about us all growing up and still being close friends, even though we're different.

"Brooooo," Hayden says, on his phone again.

"Ok, what are you looking at now?" I say in annoyance.

"It's not about Brynn, chill." He shows me his phone. "Look how little we were! Annie just sent this to me. We should have clips of this in our music video."

"And hey, look, we all found our perfect Valentine." Johnny jokes.

"I haven't." I say stoutly. "And did you just confirm Jenzie?"

He puts his hand over his mouth. "Uhh, no. I was joking. I mean none of us are actually dating...so..."

We all laugh. I've got the best friends in the world.