23%

"What is it?" He asks again, sitting in front of me on my bed.

I sigh for the umpteenth time, not knowing how to get the words out of my mouth and the more I look at him, the more my heart keeps stopping me from hurting this beautiful angel in front of me.

"I talked with Yoongi last night." I finally utter after a couple of minutes. "He asked if we could get back together."

"Oh."

His face falls.

"I told him it wouldn't be good of me to date him when i also have feelings for you

"I told him it wouldn't be good of me to date him when i also have feelings for you." I say. "You probably felt it too."

"Yeah..so, what are you going to do?"

"Um, I will have to move on from you."

"From me?" He asks, pointing to himself. "You could choose to move on from Yoongi but you chose me."

"I—"

"Even though you know your relationship with him is toxic. Even though it's clear that i can make you happier than him. Even though I'm willing to give you everything, at the end, it's him."

"No — I, I do not want to lose you too. What if we end up breaking up? I will end up losing someone precious."

"What if we end up breaking up? I'm confident we won—"

"I'm not, Jimin." I cut him off, my voice quivering. "I'm not confident."

"I guess, it's a bye then." He says, looking away and running his hands in his hair.

"What do you mean?"

"I can't stay like before, knowing that you still choose him over everything even after i opened up my heart after all these years."

"Can't we still be friends?" I ask, a tear slipping down my right eye.

"How can you be so selfish, Ina? How do you expect me to be friends with someone I love? Do you know how much that hurts me? You don't even know how much I love you." He says, raising his voice with his eyes tearing up.

"Have a good life."

+

"He's right." Jungkook says, "It's not easy to remain as friends with someone you love so much."

"But from the good side," Jaein exclaims, trying to brighten the mood. "It will be easier for you to move on."

"I hope so."

"Heyyy," Jungkook sings, "What's with this gloomy vibe? It's my birthday!"

I smile at him, "Sorry. Any plans before going to Seokjin's?"

"We could go to a game arcade!" He exclaims excitingly.

"Go wherever you want, baby." Jaein smiles at her boyfriend lovingly, brushing his bangs away from his forehead.