three

"Anthony, stop it!" I scream as the two boys roll on the sand, punching each other.

What the hell is going on?

Grayson rolls on top of him and punches him repeatedly in the face. I grab the collar of his black tank top and yank him off of my boyfriend.

"Both of you, knock it off!" I scream as loud as I can.

Anthony stumbles to his feet, glaring at Grayson. "I don't want you near this kid."

"Well, I don't have much of a choice." I groan.

Grayson doesn't say a word. He backs away from the situation and heads up the steps of the deck.

"What's gotten into you?" Anthony looks down at me, holding his cheek with the palm of his hand.

"Why are you taking his side?"

"I'm not taking anyone's side." I mock.

"You should be taking your boyfriends side."

I roll my eyes and shake my head. "I'll see you tomorrow." I begin to head inside.

"You're going inside? With him?" He calls after me.

I turn around angrily. "Yes, he lives here now. Stop acting jealous."

"I'm not, this whole situation is bullshit." He sighs.

I really don't feel like continuing this conversation.

"I'm sorry you feel that way, but there's nothing I can do to change that."

Anthony nods and exhales sharply. "I'm sorry, okay?"

"We'll talk tomorrow."

"You're still going to be my date for the charity event next weekend, right?"

Shit. I hate that this town has an event for everything.

"Yeah." Is all I manage to say before heading inside, closing the glass screen door behind me.

Grayson is sitting at the kitchen table applying ice to his busted lip.

"I'm so sorry about that." I sit down next to him.

"Once again, you don't need to apologize." A warm laugh escapes his mouth. "It wouldn't be the first time we fought."

"What do you mean?"

"There were a few times, in school." He looks at me.

"Really?" I sigh. "I can't believe this."

"It's fine, really. Ever since I moved here in October he's been an asshole. I don't know what you see in him." He says honestly.

"He's not like that around me." I say in defense.

"Of course he wouldn't be."

"Looks like my arrival here hasn't worked well for you. First your wrist, now your lip." I sigh again.

"I've looked worse." He shrugs.

I can't really imagine him looking worse. His features are practically flawless, he looks like he would be a model in Manhattan.

I snap out of my thought when my dad walks into the kitchen.

"What the hell happened?" He asks, his tone worried.

"I got into a fight, with Anthony." Grayson looks back up to my dad.

"Why?" He questions.

"He was defending me." I chime in. "Anthony and I were kind of arguing."