fourteen

"Madison." A heavy hand is placed on my shoulder as I start to wake up from my deep sleep. I slowly open my eyes with a soft groan.

"Grayson?" I look up at him sitting on my bed.

"Good morning sleepy head." He laughs and smiles down at me.

"What time is it?" I look over to the digital clock that is set up on my tv box.

"It's 7:30." Grayson smiles and moves some of my messy strands of hair away from my eyes.

"It's too early." I groan and bury my face into my pillow.

"It's never too early to have an adventurous day."

His voice is mocking me with a grin, I can tell without even looking at him. "Get up, I have a really cool day planned."

I sigh and fully sit up, stretching my arms over my head with a yawn. "Where are we going?"

Grayson lets out an obnoxious fake laugh. "That's cute, you think I'm going to tell you."

"Well, how should I dress for this so called 'adventurous' day." My voice is husky from my sleepiness. "Should I wear a bathing suit?"

"Is that even a question." Grayson gets up and opens my blinds, revealing the bright light that is rendering from the outside world. "Of course you do."

I get out of my bed and look over at him. "What could we be possibly doing this early in the morning?"

"I guess we won't find out if you keep complaining about the time." He teases with another grin plastered across his face. "Now get ready while I go make some breakfast." He walks out of the room with a smirk.

I shake my head and sigh, looking back at the clock. This boy waking me up every morning is going to be the death of me. I throw on one of the many bathing suits I never seemed to unpack from my suitcase. I search through my draws to find denim blue shorts to throw on over my bottoms. The finishing touch of this random outfit is putting on my white tank top with pink palm trees over the top of my bikini. My hair seems to always go up in a high messy bun these days, and since we are going to be in the water I hate getting my hair wet.

I grab my beach bag that has towels, sunscreen, and sunglasses in it. I close my bedroom door and step into the hallway. I have no idea where my father is and Grayson isn't making a sound from the kitchen.

"I thought you were making breakfast." I call from the hallway. When I step into the doorway Grayson is sitting at the table with two bowls of Lucky Charms in front of him.

"I did." He smiles and nods down at his bowl.

I can't help but shake my head with a grin. "Who needs eggs with bacon when you can have the best cereal ever." I sit down on the other side of the round table.

"My thoughts exactly." Grayson takes a mouthful of the delicious cereal.

"Where's my dad?" I pour some more milk into my bowl before mixing it around with my spoon.

"He went for a jog down the beach." Grayson explains with his mouth full of marshmallows. "He said we could use the car today."

"Did you at least tell him where we were going?" I ask as I take a bite of my specially made breakfast.

"Yeah he knows." Grayson nods while looking back over to me.

"I'm trying to figure out where we're going." I smile lightly. "Is it the aquarium?"

"No." Grayson laughs. "You wouldn't need a bathing suit for the aquarium."

"It was the first thing that came to mind." I shrug.