thirty five

Madison's POV:

"What do you guys think? Red or blue?" Ava holds up two gorgeous short cocktail dresses as she waits for a reply.

"Red." I state with a smile. "It'll go perfect with your skin tone."

"I say blue." Christopher stares at each option. "It'll make your eyes pop."

She groans lightly and looks at both dresses. "I can't make a decision."

"How about you wear one and Madison wears the other." Christopher suggests with a smirk.

"Absolutely not." I shake my head with a laugh as I begin to look through the clothing racks. "Those dresses are too fancy for my taste."

"But you would look hot as hell in either one of them." He chuckles as he follows me around the store. "I will not let my date wear a trash bag to her last homecoming."

"I didn't say I wanted to wear a trashbag." I laugh and look back at him. "But I don't want to look too fancy either."

"Why not? That's what homecoming is for." Ava points out. "Everyone is going to be wearing something designer."

"Not me." I casually shrug.

"Can you at least try one of them on?" Christopher begins to beg. "Try the red one."

"I'm not the biggest fan of wearing red." I never liked how I looked in a red outfit. My hair is too light to pull off the dark shade.

"That's why there's a blue one." He walks back over to Ava.

"Fine." I groan and grab the blue dress out of Ava's hand. "I'll be right back." I enter the small fitting room and begin to take my clothes off. I slip on the short dark blue dress and stare back at myself in the mirror.

I have to admit, it's beautiful and fits me really well. It has silver beads running up and down the straps and across the waist area. The back of it is loosely open, giving the dress a more sensual vibe to it. I slowly walk out of the dressing room and stand in front of Christopher and Ava.

"What do you think?"

"Damn girl, you look gorgeous!" Ava beams with a chuckle.

"I knew you would look hot in it." Christopher exclaims.

"I don't know, it still feels like it's too much." I look down at the blue fabric.

"Madison, it's our last homecoming." Ava walks over to me. "You deserve to look the best."

"I do really like it." I look back over to myself in the mirror.

"You have to get it, there's no way I'm letting you leave this store without it." Christopher chuckles lighty.

After a moment of staring at myself, I finally make a decision. "I think I'm going to." I lightly smile.

"I'm so happy you found the perfect dress." Ava claps her hands with giddy happiness. "I'm gonna go try the red one on." She quickly disappears into the fitting room with a grin.

"I'm gonna have the hottest date." Christopher teases with a smile.

"If only Grayson could see how hot I look in it." I smile and look back over to him.

"Does he know that we're going together?"

"No." I quickly shake my head. "I haven't really talked to him much this week."

"Uh oh." He lightly sighs. "Already trouble in paradise?"

"Not really." I shrug. "My dad told me he's failing a few of his classes so I wanted to give him some space."