eight

The rest of this stupid charity event is dragging out. I've been talking with Anthony's parents for about a half hour now, and it couldn't be more boring. We've discussed every possible topic, and with Anthony beginning to slur his words you can tell he is starting to become drunk.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to the restroom." I flash my fakest smile and head toward the bathroom. I just needed an excuse to step away from the conversation.

I walk into a stall and tried to compose myself. I bite my inner cheek to hold my tears back. This whole night turned into one big awkward disaster. I grab some toilet paper and wipe under my eyes. I worked too damn hard to have my makeup look nice, I was trying my best not to ruin it.

The door opens abruptly, causing my body to jerk back. I look through the crack to see Scarlett and her friend standing at the mirror, reapplying their lipstick.

"Like I was saying, I can't believe they don't know anything." The girl lets out a laugh.

"I'm sure Madison's dad paid them to keep quiet." Scarlett shrugs. I cringe as she mentions my name.

"He's in Georgia." Her friend says, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, I wonder how he ended up there." Scarlett laughs sarcastically.

"How do we even know what happened is true? The bitch could be making it up, she's from New York after all." Her friend pulls out her mascara from her white bag.

"He wouldn't leave town if it wasn't true." Scarlett informs her.

"You weren't even around when it apparently happened." Her friend points out.

"I was still at my house, getting drunk before hand. Those parties are usually lame. When I showed up, everyone was talking about it." Scarlett runs her red lipstick over her lips.

I feel like I'm going to throw up. The fact that they're talking about it makes me sick to my stomach.

A loud knock on the door breaks them out of their gossip session.

"Madison? Are you alright in there?" Anthony calls from outside of the bathroom.

"What the hell?" Scarlett's friend whispers.

I open the door to my stall and face them. "Yeah, be right out." I call.

Both girls stay silent as I walk past them. I open the door to find Anthony standing a few feet away from the bathroom.

"I was getting worried." Anthony smiles brightly as he grabs my hand.

"You're drunk." I whisper angrily as I pull away from him.

"No, I'm not." He rolls his eyes.

"Yes, you are. I can tell."

"Okay, maybe a little bit." His laugh resembles a five year old.

"You're unbelievable." I storm back to my table and grab my purse.

"Baby, where are you going?" He places his hands on my shoulders.

"Home." I lie as I head for the door.

"Why?" He slurs his words as he walks outside with me. "Just stay here." His voice is shaky.

"I don't want to, I'm tired." I look at him annoyed.

"Let's go back to my house, we never watched our movie." He smiles lightly and places his forehead against mine.

"Another night." I protest against my drunk boyfriend. "Just go back inside."

"No, wait." He grabs my arms and pulls me close to him.