seven

The curling iron feels hot against me as I finish curling the end of my shiny blonde hair. My black lace dress lays perfectly against my skin as I slip into steady black heels. I apply more makeup than usual, running the dark eyeliner across the bottom of my eyes. I grab a light color lipstick from my makeup back and slowly go over my lips. Finally finished.

I sigh and walk out of my bedroom. My father and Grayson are standing in the living room, waiting for me. They both look handsome in their black suits.

"Ready to go?"

They both look at me in awe. Grayson's eyes scan my dress while my father keeps his eyes on mine.

"Wow, honey you look-"

"Beautiful." Grayson takes the words right out of my father's mouth.

My father turns back and chuckles lightly at Grayson's bold response.

"Yes, you look amazing." My father turns back to me.

"Thanks." I grin as I look back up toward Grayson. His stare makes my skin hot.

The sound of the loud doorbell makes my thought go away as I walk toward it. Anthony and Victoria stand outside the front of my house.

"Damn, you look hot as hell!" Victoria laughs and Anthony nods in agreement.

"So do you." I smile at my excited friend. She's wearing a short navy blue dress and her brown her is in a high ponytail.

"My girl is gorgeous." Anthony steps inside and wraps his arms around my waist, kissing my freshly applied lipstick.

Victoria walks into the living room and smiles when she sees Grayson.

"You clean up nicely." She giggles.

"Thanks, you look great." He looks down at her navy dress.

"Thank you." She smiles as she turns to greet my father.

I look back at Anthony who is wearing a black sports jacket with dress pants and slacks. His hair is gelled up and a strong scent of cologne is coming from his body.

"My mom is really excited to see you." He smiles down at me. "She's been planning this event for three months now, it's all she's been doing."

Anthony's mother is the chairperson for our town. She runs all of the many charity events and organizes any program that goes on.

"It's going to be a great night." I reassure him with a nod.

"Alright, let's head out. It's almost five." My father grabs the car keys and walks out the front door.

Victoria and Grayson step back into the living room. Her arm is locked around his as she pulls him closer. Anthony looks down at me and holds my hand gently. We walk outside and pile into the car. It only takes about five minutes to get to the town hall, but it felt like an eternity.

Walking into the event feels like a dream sequence. The tables are decorated with beautiful blue flowers. Everyone is dressed up in gorgeous gowns and expensive tuxedos while light music played softly in the background.

"Anthony, Madison!" Anthony's mother, Kathy, walked toward us with open arms. She approaches me first and wraps her arms around me.

"Hi, how are you?" I smile as I look at the short woman in front of me.

"I'm great, dear. You look absolutely stunning." She glances down my dress.

"Thank you." I giggle lightly. "This place is beautiful, you did an amazing job."