seventeen

The cold ocean water hitting my body is the perfect refresher on this brutally hot day. The current is calm, which brought a peaceful ease to my mind. I dip my hair back into the salt water and close my eyes.

This really is my paradise. The second I step into the gorgeous sea, it's like all of my problems drift away. I used to spend my afternoons alone in this infinite beauty, but now I have somebody special by my side.

Grayson paddles up next to me, his smile is bright as he fully dips his head under. When he comes back up he lets out a deep sigh of relief.

"This water is perfect." He shakes his hair.

"It's freezing." I giggle at his statement.

"Yeah but it's like 95 degrees." Grayson looks back toward the shore. "I grabbed us two towels."

"Perfect." I place my arms out from my sides, allowing my body to float. "I've never seen the water so calm."

"I know." Grayson laughs. "Not a wave in sight."

"Too bad. I was totally up for another surfing lesson." The current starts to pull me away from Grayson, but he lightly grabs my leg and draws me back.

"Maybe tomorrow." He smiles and pulls me close to him.

I wrap my legs around his body as he bends his knees, keeping us both above the water.

"I'm determined to become a pro surfer before summer ends." I smile.

"In order to do that, I need to become one first." Grayson laughs and pushes a piece of my wet hair behind my ear. He cups my face and looks at me with a loving grin.

"You're right, I mean you are the one who has to teach me." I hook my arms around his neck and look at him.

"How about we go out to dinner tonight? And I don't mean getting milkshakes at Ocean Side." Grayson places his hands on my lower back for more support.

"Where do you wanna go?"

"What about Tramonti? It has the best Italian food in town." Grayson suggests.

"That place is really fancy." I point out.

"But the food is amazing."

"True. Italian food is my favorite." I giggle lightly. "I'm down."

"It's a date then." Grayson leans into me and places a sweet kiss on my lips. His mouth tastes like salt water, but I don't mind. I actually love it. I smile sweetly and pull away.

"I should start getting ready then, I have to shower and pick out the perfect outfit." I untangle myself from Grayson's body and place my feet on the bottom on the ocean.

"All right, I'm probably just gonna stay in here a few more minutes." Grayson nods slowly.

I kiss him again before walking out of the water. After stepping onto the sand, I pick up one of the towels Grayson laid out for us and wrap it around my body before heading into my house.

When I enter the kitchen, My father greets me with a smile. "Hey honey. How was the water?"

"Really cold." I laugh. "But refreshing."

"I was going to take a dip myself. It's brutal today." My father shakes his head at the hot weather outside.

"Grayson and I are going out to dinner tonight, so you don't have to worry about making us something."

"What did he decide on?" He looks up at my shivering body.

"We're going to Tramonti which is good since-" I look curiously at my smiling father. "Wait, what do you mean decide on?"