twenty five

August is the hottest month in Florida. The air is disgustingly dry and the humidity makes you want to sit inside with the AC blasting all day. That's exactly what Grayson and I have been doing the past few days until this heat wave of humidity passes.

With a bowl of Lucky Charms gripped around our fingers, we've been spending our days watching movies in the living room and trying to plan out our last few summer adventures. There were so many things that we want to do but don't have enough time for all of it.

I make my way over to the couch, turning on the tv to see what movie we could watch today. The cold air coming out of the vents above me brushed over my feverish skin, making me sigh of relief. Grayson appeared in front of me moments later with a bright smile on his face.

"Good morning beautiful." He grinned down at me.

"You're in a good mood today." I matched his smile and looked up at him.

"We are finally getting out of this house." Grayson motioned toward the front door.

"Where are we going?" I stand up and cross my arms over my chest. "It's like ninety six degrees and I really don't want to-"

"Run into Ben, I know." Grayson turns back to the doubtful look on my face. "We aren't going to run into him I promise."

"He always seems to know where we are." I sigh.

"He isn't going to find us today." Grayson reassures me with a grin. "We're gonna have a great day."

"Okay." I nod with a small smile. "I'll go put my bathing suit on."

"Don't need to." He stops me from heading toward my room.

"Why not?" I raise an eyebrow up at my mysterious boyfriend.

"Because we aren't going swimming."

"Jet skiing?" My facial expression grows with confusion.

"Nope." He shakes his head and walks over to grab the car keys.

"Grayson, it's too hot outside to not be in water." I groan at the thought of going out into the heat.

"Just trust me on this." He smirks and walks over to the front door.

"You're insane." I roll my eyes and walk over to him.

"Yeah, but you love me for it." He walks out of the door with a goofy smile at his own words.

"I do." I mumble before shutting the door behind me and getting into the passenger seat.

Grayson smiles as he backs out of the driveway and heads toward our surprise destination.

"As much as I hate this heat, I do love our spontaneous dates." I smile and look over at him.

"And I love our spontaneous dates as much as I love you." He places his hand over mine and gives it a light squeeze.

"You make the thought of leaving this town harder and harder."  I shake my head.

"Don't worry about that right now." He keeps his brown eyes fixed on the road ahead of us. "Just know that we are going to have a fun stress-free day."

I nod slowly and look back out the window. "I wish I had your outlook on things."

"I'm just optimistic." Grayson quickly glances over to me.

"I know." A small grin takes over my face. "And I love you for it."
"So, I kind of have this idea." Grayson looks back at the road.

"What kind of idea." I turn my body toward him.