sixteen

"You're totally crying!" A loud giggle escapes my mouth as I watch Grayson cover his face with his hands.

"Am not." He quickly wipes his right eye, acting as if I'm not sitting right next to him on my bed.

"You are such a liar." I laugh as the credits play on the tv.

"That was just not the ending I was expecting." Grayson stares at the screen.

"It's okay, pretty much everyone cries at the end of The Notebook." I smile and place my hand on his cheek. "Even guys."

"I'm not crying." Grayson protests.

"Sure." I sarcastically roll my eyes. "I usually cry every time, but for some reason I didn't tonight." I shrug while grabbing the remote and turning the tv off. "Maybe I didn't want to look like a mess in front of you."

"Are you forgetting the time you crawled into my bed hysterically crying?" Grayson turns his head to fully face me.

I shake my head with a laugh. "Don't bring that up."

"I was convinced I was dreaming." Grayson smiles. "Then I realized I wasn't when every three minutes you would weep into my chest."

"Sorry I found my ex boyfriend in bed with another girl and couldn't contain my emotions." I roll my eyes.

"Don't be sorry." Grayson chuckled. "I was really happy that you came to me."

I press my forehead against his and playfully scrunch my nose. "I just didn't want to be alone."

"Or you just wanted to have an excuse to cuddle up to my shirtless body." A menacing smirk crosses over Grayson's lips.

"That too." I grin and look at his mouth. "But now I can do that whenever."

"Yes you can." Grayson leans down and crashes our lips together.

His warm mouth tastes like mint as he slowly slides his tongue against mine. I run my hands through his brown hair and lay down against my bed, pulling him on top of me without breaking our kiss. He runs his hands down the sides of my body which cause my brain to go crazy.

A small moan comes out of his mouth as I tug on his hair with more force. With one quick movement, his lips move from my mouth to my neck. He gently sucks on my bare skin, causing me to bite my lower lip. When I feel his hands travel down to my inner thigh, my stomach starts to turn. My chest begins to feel heavy as my eyes immediately open.

"Grayson." I pull back from him lightly as he pushes his body up from mine.

"What's wrong?" He looks down at me.

"I just." I sit up abruptly and look back at him.

"Think we're moving too fast?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"No, it's not that." I quickly shake my head. "I just don't know if I'm ready yet."

"Have you ever-"

"No." I let out a sharp breath.

"Oh." Grayson looks down. "I thought maybe since you were with Anthony-"

"We never did anything." My heart starts to beat slightly faster. "Have you ever-"

"No." Grayson shakes his head and looks back over at me.

"Oh." I inch closer to him and place my hand over his. "I didn't mean to embarrass you or anything."

"It's okay, Madison." Grayson lightly grins at me. "I want you to always feel comfortable with me."