ten

I watch my ceiling fan go around and around for about thirty minutes. For some reason I don't have the strength to get out of my room and make my way over to Mike's beach house. Everytime my body would sit up, my nerves would take over and cause me to lay back down. It seems like a losing battle.

I let out a deep sigh, checking my phone that is charging on the nightstand. It's already 11:25 and I had no messages, not one. Victoria never invited me to the party and Anthony never called to apologize about his behavior at the event. I would never go to another party ever again, but it still annoys me that Victoria wouldn't even mention it to me.

I force myself to sit up and put my sandals on. I need to go over there and clear everything up. I grab my phone and my house key, tossing them in my black cross-over bag. My house is quiet as I make my way to the sliding back door in the kitchen. My dad is working on a pipe burst at the marina and I think Grayson is in his room. I didn't bother to look, I'm already walking down the steps and onto the sand.

Mike only lived a few houses down so I knew it wouldn't take me long to get there. Chills run down my spine at the thought of walking into a party. I used to love that atmosphere but now the thought of it makes my stomach sick.

The music is already loud when I step into the house. The kitchen is crowded with teenagers drinking and rolling joints. I push past them and walk into the living room. Victoria is sitting on the couch next to Kevin, her legs are wrapped around him as they both take a shot of vodka. I roll my eyes and approach them.

"Hey guys." I cross my arms over my chest and stare down at them.

Victoria looks up at me surprised. "Madison, what are you doing here? Is Grayson with you?" She looks behind me as if he would suddenly appear.

"No, I came alone." I look back at Kevin who has his hand on her back. "You two look cosy."

"We're just hanging out." Kevin looks away from me awkwardly. "Want a drink?"

"No, I didn't come here to drink." I roll my eyes back in annoyance. "Where's Anthony?"

Both of them sit there in silence, unable to answer my demanding question.

"Is he here?" I ask again, staring at the two blank expressions in front of me.

"I'm not sure. I haven't seen him all night." Kevin finally answers with a shrug.

"He's probably home, that's most likely where you'll find him." Victoria looks up at me.

I look past them to see Mike flirting with some redhead across the room. Without saying a word, I storm over to him and clear my throat. "Mike."

The redhead glares at my pissed off expression while Mike turns to face me.

"Madison, hey." He at me confused. "I never thought I would ever see you at a party again."

"I'm looking for Anthony. Have you seen him?"

"Um." He looks around the party quickly. "Nope, haven't seen him."

"I think I saw him go upstairs about twenty minutes ago." The redhead informs me with a vicious glare. She clearly wants me to go away. Mike shoots her an annoyed look.

"Thanks." My voice is flat as I push past sweaty bodies and head up the stairs.

Mike's beach house is a lot bigger than mine. For starters, mine doesn't have an upper level. There's a few people upstairs. All of them are drinking and dancing along to the music that is being blasted throughout the house. I scan the crowd of people, not seeing Anthony anywhere. I open the first door I see on the right, finding an empty put-together bedroom. I quickly shut it and walk down the hallway. Everyone is staring at me at this point, looking as if they've seen a ghost.