CHAPTER 5

"I think im in love with him mama"

Ava // 7:08 am
"Thank you for today! Kids wouldn't stop telling me about the snacks they ate! Haha."

I woke up at 11:32 am and read the text Ava had left last night at 7:08 am. I smiled.

(y:n) // 11:34 am
"You have the sweetest of kids, it was all my pleasure! Should I become a chef now?"

I got up brushed my teeth, washed my face and hopped into the hot shower that I had running.There was nothing I loved more than relaxing to hot showers. I looked over to see my shoulder red from the heat of the water. I finished scrubbing and got out. It was 12:47 P.M. I didn't feel like cooking so I got dressed to go out and buy some lunch. I put on some faded jeans and my cozy red knitted sweater that I loved. I slipped on my white vans and grabbed my purse. I decided to walk to a nearby café. It was just a few blocks down from the apartments anyway. I think that's what I loved most about Wembley. It simply has an overall cozy feeling to it.

"Mom would love it here." I thought. "Mom!" I said as I reached for my phone. I hadn't spoken with her since Saturday.

I felt guilty as I waited for mom to pick up.

"Aw my daughter remembers me!"

Yup, guilt.

"I'm sorry mama, I just got so caught up with work! I promise I didn't forget about you."

"You just put me aside, it's okay."

My mom loved making me feel so guilty, I swear.

"Mom." I whined.

"I'm kidding mija." I missed mom calling me that.

"You could have called too you know?"

"You know I hardly make calls (y:n)."

"Wow, not even to your own daughter?" I gasp to make it all the more dramatic.

"I'm serious I own a phone only for emergencies." I heard mom say seriously.

"I know, I'm just teasing."

"I'm the only one allowed to do the teasing." She teased back.

"You're a lot better at it." I admitted.

"So? Go on! Tell me how was your first day?"

Early in the morning on Saturday I had called my mom about the job and Ava Sangster.

"Is she a big deal over there or?" I remember my mom asking.

"Sort of, mostly her brother. He's an actor." I had replied to her.

"Does he have a girlfriend?" My mom had asked.

"Oh I don't know let me ask him real quick."  I had replied sarcastically.

"(y:n)?" I heard my moms voice.

"Sorry, I just spaced off a bit." Still thinking about our conversation a few days ago.

"So you're going to tell me or?" I saw where I got my impatience and sassiness from.

"Well, her house was just as big and beautiful as I imagined. She's a lot sweeter in person and her kids are angels. They're a cute family." I said.

"No husband?" I heard mom ask.

"I don't think so, I don't plan on asking either." I spoke into the phone.