CHAPTER 17

"have it your way love"

"COME inside darling." Ava instructed as she entered her house, Mason fast asleep in her arms, covered with Thomas's navy blazer. I moved to the side, looking at Thomas who carried a sleeping Juli, signaling him to go in before me. Thomas nodded and moved past me. I waited by the entrance before Ava came back down.

"Thank you for joining us tonight." Ava said as she embraced me, patting my back slightly.

"Thank you for inviting me." I replied as I looked up.

Thomas stood behind her, hands inside his pockets. His white button up stuck to his body.

"It was nice meeting you Thomas." I said smiling as I put out my hand for him to shake.

"You too (y:n), thank you for joining us." He said, as he took out his right hand from his pocket to shake my hand.

"Oh hell darling you need a ride back home." Ava gasped silently.

I waved her off. "It's okay I'll call a cab. Don't worry."

Thomas cleared his throat. "I uh, I can take you home?" He suggested, fidgeting with his fingers. I was thrown off by his offer.

"Oh? Uh, you don't have to." I smacked my lips.

"Don't be silly darling. Go on, take her home tommy." She said pulling Thomas towards the door.

"You too, go on. It's getting late." Ava said as she shoved me into Thomas.

I shot her back a glance. "Ava." I hissed, glaring at her.

Ava winked. "Just be safe."

Thomas snickered as he shook his head.

"Oh my goodness Ava" I thought as Thomas opened the door for me.

I looked down, trying to hide my blushed cheeks.

"See you Monday darling! Goodnight! See you later tommy!" Ava yelled behind us, not caring to hide her feelings of excitement.

"Here," Thomas said jogging towards the passenger door. "I got it." He finished saying as he opened the door for me.

"Thank you." I said, still avoiding eye contact. My cheeks burning all the more.

I followed Thomas with my eyes as he walked to the other side.

"Has she always been like this?" I asked Thomas as he took a seat.

He sighed before answering. "Always." He said rolling his eyes.

"Oh." I said, letting out a small laugh.

He chuckled before speaking again. "So, where to mi lady?" Thomas asked, flashing me a smile as he put his car in reverse.

"Mi lady?" I said looking back at him, a smile forming between my lips. I heard him muster a laugh, his shoulders slightly moving.

"Felt appropriate to say since I am your chofer for tonight." He finished saying turning to look at me.

"What are you doing to me?" I thought, biting down on my lip.

"There you go again with the lip biting love." Thomas said, looking away as he gripped the steering wheel.

"Love? Wow, you're just throwing all these nicknames at me tonight." I teased, wanting to know why my lip biting bothered him so much.