CHAPTER 21

"did he just call me love?"

Ava // 2:38 pm
"Thomas will be home today."

(y:n) // 2:38 pm
"Will I still be tutoring?"

Ava // 2:39 pm
"Ya"

(y:n) // 2:39 pm
"Okay, see you soon"

Ava // 2:42 pm
"Thank you"

(y:n) // 2:42 pm
"Of course!"

I was nervous to say the least. Was Ava still petty? Most likely and Thomas would be home today. While I tutor. Why was this making my stomach twirl into knots? I close my eyes taking in a deep breath as I shook my head lightly.

"Well..." I shrug, walking out of the shower room and into my bedroom.

Just as I finished buttoning my jeans my phone began to ring. I looked over to see Lucas' name on the screen. I smiled, instinctively.

"Hello stranger"

"That sounds about right —" Lucas chuckles, "how are you?"

"I'm feeling a bit restless but I'm holding up just fine, and you?" I ask in return as  I grab my flats and head out through the bedroom door.

"Quite the same actually. The store has been surprisingly busy these few days" Lucas sighs into his phone.

"Aw, sounds like someone needs an assistant." I tease, sitting down on the sofa.

"Funny you suggest that"

"Id love to help you Lucas, and I probably could if it's in the mornings"

"You're an angel (y:n)"

"No, just your temporary assistance"

Lucas whistled, acknowledging the low-blow.

"I'm kidding Lucas! It'd be a great time to spend with you."

"If that's what assistants do..."

"Oh oh are you getting back at me?"

Lucas hummed. "Just getting to you love, not at you."

"fair enough" I reply, shaking my head as I feel my cheeks heat up.I stand up and head to the kitchen counter where my bag and keys lay.

"Oo another customer. I'll get back to you soon."

"Okay Lucas" I chuckle out. A smile plastered on my face as I leave my apartment behind.

Ava stood at the doorway, both hands on her hips. Her lips pursed as she raised an eyebrow at me. I fidgeted under my feet.

"You're telling me what happened when I get back from work today. No excuses." Ava mumbles out the last part, as she points a finger at me.

I try not to smirk so I nod my head and bite down on my lip.

"They're in the backyard, I'll see you tonight okay?" Ava says as she moves past me. "Love you Darling!"

I scoff, she was quite the personality but I loved it. I began to make my way towards the back door that was in the kitchen; overlooking the backyard. My hand remained on the door as my eyes took in the scene.

Thomas sat on the grass; his legs crossed beneath him. His black sport t-shirt ruffled against the wind that blew through it, making the shirt stick to his body. My eyes diverted to Juli who stopped to stand in front of him. She stuck her hand out, showing Thomas what she held in her palm. As Thomas looked up at his niece with squinted eyes, the swift breeze blew through the hair that once laid over his eyes; blonde strands pointed in different directions. Just as Thomas and I were to make eye contact, Mason ran up behind him, throwing his small arms around his uncle's neck. The small boy leaned in, allowing their foreheads to touch. Thomas looked back at a laughing Mason, their smiles radiating under the sun.  My heart warmed and my tummy swirled at the indescribable love I had witnessed. I felt the warmth of the sun wrap me as I stepped outside. Mason, let go of Thomas almost instantly once he spotted me.

"Loveeeeeee!" He screeched as he ran toward me with his arms open. I crouched down just as his small arms wrapped around me this time. I felt his cheek rest on the crook of my neck, as Juli leaned into me, her head resting on top of mine. "Hi you two." I giggled as my eyes met Thomas who was slowly making his way to us.

Thomas' POV

It was clear that my nephew and niece loved (y:n), and she loved them back, that was certain. I couldn't help but smile at the sight of them three. It was a natural and genuine encounter and oh my, did (y:n) look beautiful next to my snug bug and Juls.

(Y:N)'s POV

"Did he just call me love?" I laugh out, looking at Mason with raised eyebrows before looking back at Thomas.

"Don't look at me, he didn't hear it from me."

"Mum told us that uncle tommy called you love when he got excited." Mason innocently stated.

My mouth gaped open, a smile tugged at my lips watching Thomas blush as he rubbed his eyebrows together with his thumb and index finger.

"Of course your mother would say something like that." Thomas grunted.

I began to laugh; Mason's words still fresh in my head.

"Not — no, not funny at all" Thomas shook his head but a smile crept into his face as I continued to laugh.

"I'm sorry but —" I breathed in trying to calm my laughing "that was funny."

Thomas rolled his eyes. I pushed my lips together, trapping in my laugh.

"Ava is making me stay once she gets back from work."

"Why —" Thomas began but was cut off by Mason and Juli who yelled out "yay!"

"She's going to make you tell her about the other night. You know that right."

"I'm aware, yes." I say, squinting my eyes before speaking again. "Don't worry love, I won't tell her how excited you were." I winked at Thomas as I said the last part.

Thomas slid his tongue inside his lip; cocking his head as he rose an eyebrow at me.

"You are yet to see me excited, there's no need to rush love."

A/N
An update, finally! I've been slacking on my writing but I hope you are enjoying it regardless. I'll try to upload another update on Wednesday, so stay tuned!

Love,

— d.o.a