CHAPTER 10

"I don't promise anything"

It was Thursday, and I had woken up earlier than usual. After using the shower room I went back into my bedroom to grab my phone. I picked at the sides of the case.I didn't want to be rude and not reply back to Ava.I mean, I wasn't taken. I was single. I have been single. And I was curious as to why she would ask about my relationship status. It's not like Thomas would look into me.

"I'm just a tutor." I mumbled. I told mom I'd get a date with Lucas anyway. I had to see how that went. But, Ava...I thought.

"Why?"

I debated on sending that to Ava for about twenty minutes before I actually sent it. With arms crossed, I stood in front of the sliding doors leading to the terrace. It looked like it was too cold to go out and get some breakfast, or even lunch, so I decided to stay in. My phone began to ring. I looked down at the screen, Ava's contact name appeared. I took in a deep breathe before answering.

"Good morning!"

"Morning darling! How are you?"

"I'm good, how are you?" I turned away from the sliding doors.

"Dreading work right now." Ava chuckled. "What are you doing this Saturday?" Ava asked.

"Umm." I cleared my throat.

"I'm taking the kids out for dinner, I was wondering if you'd like to join us?"

"Just you and the kids?" I asked.

There was a pause.

"and tommy."

My stomach sank 47 meters down. I swallowed but before I could answer Ava spoke once more.

"If you're busy it's okay —"

"No, I think I'm free Saturday." I bit on my lip.

"Really? That's so great! Thank you, thank you! Don't worry, Thomas is going to like you!" Ava didn't bother hiding the excitement in her voice.

I chuckled nervously.

"I hope so, or it's going to be an awkward dinner for us."

"Oh sweetie I'll make sure that doesn't happen." I could feel Ava smirking.

"Well, Saturday at 7:00 P.M. I'll be picking you up at 6:25. If that's okay?"

"Yea, sounds great."

"Awesome! I'll let you go now, see you this afternoon!"

"See you soon."

 Ava's POV 

"BLOODY HELL AVA! YOU DID WHAT?" I heard Thomas yell at the screen. His eyebrows furrowed and his cheeks were a rosy color from yelling.

I bit my lip. "It's just dinner Thomas." I tried rationalizing.

"Ava —" Thomas closed his eyes and moved his index and thumb in and out over them, clearly frustrated with me.

"I just don't understand why you do these things without consulting me." He let out a deep long sigh.

"If I consulted you, I wouldn't have things my way." I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Yea!" Thomas nodded his head as he raised his eyebrows. "Exactly. You wouldn't! I would." He slipped his left hand through his hair.

"It's just dinner."

Thomas scratched his head. His face scrunched up.

"Do it for the kiddos then. Because they're really excited."

"YOU ALREADY TOLD THEM AVA?" Thomas's eyes looked like they were going to pop out and so did his veins.

"Bloody hell quit yelling." I rubbed the back of my ear.

"I'm not — I'm not yelling." He lowered his voice.

I smiled at him.

"Please? Just this one time?" I tried on my best pouty face.

"I don't promise anything, especially how my mood will be that night."

"You're worse than a girl whose PMSing."

"You're the reason I have these moods."

"Are you sure you're a boy?"

"Ava."

I laughed, teasing my brother was a hobby of mine. 

"Okay, be at my place at 6:00 Saturday night!"

He shook his head and looked to the left.

"Okay."

"THANK YOU!" I smiled wide.

"You're annoying, bye."

"Love you too!" I said just in time before Thomas hung up.

I went to my contacts and texted Jamy.

Ava // 3:08 pm
"It's happening."