CHAPTER 14

"that's she"

MY heart raced, my face blushed. My knees felt weak as I saw Ava's car parked a few feet away.Was he in there? I wondered. I saw the passenger window roll down halfway. Ava's smile greeting me.

"Come in." Ava said, as she patted the passengers seat. I opened the door to the car and sat down as Ava rolled up the window. I looked back, no one sat there.

"Thomas went on ahead with the kiddos." Ava spoke, answering my thought.

I nodded. Letting out a breath I didn't know I had been holding in. Ava reached over and cupped my hand in hers, without looking at me. I felt myself relax.

"I know you think I'm doing this just to hook you up with my brother but that is not the case. You're great with my kiddos (y:n) and I think you're meant to be in their lives. In our lives." Ava's hand still rested on mine "I held this dinner so you can get comfortable being around the four of us. Tommy, Mason, and Juli mean the world to me —" Ava paused and glanced at me before looking back at the road and continuing. "I want you to be a part of our world darling. Not just as a tutor, but as a friend." She lifted her hand up and set it back on her lap.

I felt myself smile.

"You look beautiful by the way." Ava finished.

"Thank you Ava, for everything. I appreciate it much."

Ava smiled.

"You look beautiful too by the way." I said, giving Ava a smirk.

Ava had parked outside the entrance of a brick building. As we stepped out, a man in a maroon vest approached her. "Thank you." Ava said handing the car keys to the valet. Another man in the same vest opened the door for Ava and I.

"Thank you." I whispered, aware that he hadn't heard me.

"Reservation for two?" I heard the lady at the counter ask before my eyes began to wander. There were fairy lights hung against the brick walls of the restaurant. Green plants took over the spaces that didn't have tables. Soft music played in the background. For some odd reason the restaurant felt homey.

"(y:n)?"

"Hm?" I looked up at Ava who walked away from me. I followed her.

My heart beat faster with every step I took.

As we turned the corner I caught a glimpse of dark blonde hair.
I felt myself hold in my breath, my palms sweaty against my curled fingers. Thomas looked up as Mason ran towards me. I picked up his nephew and as we embraced I glanced his way, instantly looking down as I saw him staring at me.

"That's she?" I heard him say to Ava.

"That's she." She said, smiling at me.

My eyes locked with his.

"You made it." Mason squealed into my ear.

I giggled, and looked back at Mason who hugged me tighter.

"Of course I made it buggie."

A/N
I was so nervous writing this! I apologize for it being so short but I wanted to introduce the two characters in Thomas's POV (which will be in the next chapter) I hope you lovelies are enjoying!

PS
Thank you for faithfully reading! I appreciate all of you so much!

— d.o.a