CHAPTER 27

"I can't recall the last time I felt whole"

Thoma's POV

THE rising and falling of (y:n)'s tummy had lulled Mason to sleep. Her shirt wrinkled at the edges from Mason's  grasp on her. Even as he slept, she continued to slip her fingers through his soft strands of hair. I closed my eyes--breathing in this very moment--opening them only as (y:n)'s gentle voice broke through the silence. 

"I can't recall the last time I felt whole; since I felt at home." I glanced up, watching (y:n)'s soft features furrow in concentration.  "I arrived at Wembley expecting everything but this." Her lips turned upwards as she moved mason's locks from his forehead. "I wasn't expecting Mason or Juli. I wasn't expecting Ava or Jamy." (y:n) paused, inviting back the silence we once dwelled in. "I wasn't expecting you Thomas." 

"I wasn't either." the words formed in my mouth, spilling out the truth. (y:n) scoffed but smiled nonetheless. "I'm being honest." I insisted as (y:n) looked away from my nephew to glance at my direction. 

She sighed, "All of you have made this so much easier and definitely more adventurous." 

"I don't know about easier but I do agree we have given you quite the adventure already." at my statement (y:n) chuckled softly. Her laugh came to her naturally, effortlessly which made me love it all the more. 

"Is Mason a heavy sleeper? because if he's not, I won't have the heart to remove myself from his grasp." I looked down at Mason who indeed latched unto (y:n). 

I glanced back at her, a mischievous smirk reappearing on my lips. "There's only one way to find out." 

(y:n)'s POV

Thomas perked up on his elbow to sit properly on Mason's bed. Once he was off, Thomas wrapped his arms around his nephew, gently tugging him away from my abdomen. Mason shifted beneath Thomas, scaring us both. Thomas looked from me to Mason as I did the same but Mason continued to sleep. I let out a breath of relief as Thomas laid the cotton blanket on top of the sleeping boy. I too made my way off the bed, taking one last glance at a sleeping Mason. 

"we did it." Thomas muttered, raising his hand for me to high five. I smiled as my palm met his in silence. The room was dimly lit by the glowing night lamp, highlighting Thomas' soft features. His fingers hooked around mine, pulling me towards the warmth of his body. I foreshadowed a kiss but it never came. I closed my eyes feeling Thomas trace my cheekbone with the side of his index finger.

 "you are beautiful." Thomas whispered as his touch continued to lure me in. His soft lips were on my skin, brushing the blush on my cheeks. His delicate lips paused at my temple before pressing another gentle kiss. I breathed in the scent Thomas carried with him. A mixture of chypre perfumes and the lightest scent of nicotine; fresh and intoxicating all at once. Thomas' hand made its way to my chin, tilting it with his thumb and pointer finger. My eyes fluttered opened, taking in his youthful characteristics. 

"let's take you home love." I nodded, feeling the drowsiness take over. 

Thomas' POV

The sound of the car engine lulled (y:n) to sleep as we made our way back to her flat. I would find myself glancing from the road to her as I continued to drive. I smiled the slightest as she brought her legs towards her chest, curling on the leathered seat. Although I was pretty warm, I turned the heat up, making sure (y:n) wasn't cold. 

It wasn't long before I was parking outside the building to (y:n)'s home. I fidgeted for a second, not wanting to wake her. Her brows were faintly furrowed in deep sleep. I could try and carry her but the stairs to her flat would be rather challenging and I couldn't risk rolling down the stairs with her in my arms. I scoffed, if only I was the gym rat Dylan claimed me to be. My thoughts were interrupted as (y:n) uncurled from her fetal position. 

"We're home?" Her voice was groggy with sleep yet it remained silky. I smiled at her choice of words. 

"yes, we're home." I uttered as (y:n) rolled her eyes teasingly. "and i'm glad you woke up just in time." 

 "or else?" (y:n) pressed, waiting for my answer.

"we would've had an accident going up the stairs." (y:n) eyes crinkled at the edges as she began to laugh. 

"its true, and not because you're heavy or anything but because I could not lift to save my life." I exclaimed, chuckling along with (y:n).

"I should've pretended to be a heavy sleeper," (y:n) paused, "no pun intended." I rolled my eyes as I laughed at her cheeky response. This woman was unaware of her journey into my heart...and a deep part of me wished for her to never know. 

a:n

omg this chapter was so difficult to write idk why. hopefully the next chapter is better than this one. also why does Thomas not want (y:n) to know she is slowly becoming keeper of his heart?  DUN DUN DUN