CHAPTER 23

"you'll hear all about it"

I nearly knocked the glass of tea off the table as soon as I heard Thomas blurt out "you."

"Oh crap" I fumbled, steadying the glass of iced tea. Thomas chuckled, turning his head to the side; his eyes crinkled. "That would have been quite the spill (y:n)."

"You don't say" I mumbled out, raising an eyebrow at the blonde who sat across from me.

"Uncle Tommy?" Our gaze fell on Mason who rubbed his eyes with his small fist.

This conversation would be picked up later, not that I hoped it would. 

"Yes snug bug?" Thomas reached over, picking Mason up, cradling the small boy on his lap.

"I'm tired." Mason whispered out, cuddling closer to his uncle.

"Do you want anything to drink buggie?" I asked, turning to see where Julie might be.

"He says yes." Thomas replied, as I didn't catch Mason nodding in response.

"Okay, I'll be right back." I trail off as I spot Julie. "Sweetheart, do you want something to drink too?" I yell out towards her.

"Yes please!"

"Would you like anything else?" I turn to Thomas whose eyes have been shut just like Mason's. Thomas shakes his head no and mouths a thank you.

I turn around, making my way to the kitchen, my heart pounding. I cursed under my breath, knowing it would be hard trying not to love Thomas. I reached over for two plastic cups and poured water into each. The door to the patio creaked as someone entered. I looked over to see Thomas carrying a sleeping Mason. I give Thomas a lazy smile and He returns it before heading upstairs. I go back outside and make my way to where Julie sits crossed leg.

"Hey you." I smile, hovering over her. "Let's go inside yea?"

Julie stands to her feet, wiping dirt of her knees. I put my arms out, and Julie instantly reaches for them. I pick her up and feel her nuzzle the crook of my neck. She is lighter than what I had expected. As I approach the door, Thomas walks out. He points to our almost empty glasses of iced tea. I nod, and walk inside. I set Julie on the counter and hand her the cup of water, which she gulps down instantly.

"Thank you." She whispers, as her uncle walks back in, setting the glassware into the kitchen sink.

"Ready for a nap?" Thomas asks, his hands on his hips.

Too tired to speak, Julie nods, holding her arms out for Thomas. He picks her up from the counter and I head out with him. I sit on the love seat while Thomas makes his way up the stairs once again. I close my eyes, waiting for Thomas to return, but he never does.

Being the curious person that I am, I head upstairs. Peeking through Julie's bedroom door I spot Thomas slipping his fingers through Julie's hair as she lays her head on top of his chest. I lean on the doorway, smiling at the two people in front of me. In that instance Julie flutters her eyes open. "Come." She waves me over next to her, before closing her eyes again.

Thomas smiles, his lips never parting. I notice him slightly adjusting, making room for me. I lay down and rest my head on the lime green pillow. I feel a small hand reach out and pull on my arm. I move, laying on my side as my arm wraps around Julie. Her head still resting on her uncle's rising chest. As Julie drifts into sleep, an arm reaches under my shoulder. I snuggle closer to the two, as a hand remains on my side. I smile, and soon drift into a deep sleep too.

My eyes flutter open as I feel my arms wrap around a small body. I lift my head, making out no one else but Julie and I on her bed.

Carefully, I slip my arms out of her and slowly rise. She moves around a bit but doesn't wake up. I walk towards her window, moving the blinds aside. The sun was setting, and my eyes widen. I had no idea how long I had been asleep for. I leave Julie's room and make my way down the stairs, making out voices as I near closer. I walk past the living room and peak through the kitchen. I make out Thomas's slim body, his back towards me. Jamy stands next to him, cutting what I assume are vegetables.

"Hey." I say, my voice still raspy from sleep.

As soon as I spoke two heads turned to look at me. My eyes fell on Thomas, whose eyes were being covered by a few strands of blond hair.

"Well hello sleeping beauty." I hear Jamy say, I chuckle stepping towards her as I lean in to give her a hug.

"How long was I sleep?" I turn to Thomas for an answer but Jamy speaks up. "I found both of you asleep next to Julie when I got here around 6:25"

I look over at the stove, the clock reading "7:12"

I raise my eyebrows. "You've been awake for a while" I look back at Thomas who nods. "We fell asleep around 5:20."

Jamy lets out a laugh, "The kids are not going to let Ava sleep tonight if they don't wake up soon. Are you staying for dinner?"

I breathe in, "yes, Ava is forcing me too."

Jamy chuckles out once again, "what did you do now?"

"You'll hear all about it." I sigh out, looking up at Thomas.

A/N
cheese, cheese, and more cheese.
Sorry not sorry for adding so much fluff in this chapter.
Thanks for patiently waiting for these updates, I appreciate it much!

Love,

- d.o.a