CHAPTER 24

"looks like you'll be staying longer than expected" 

"NEED help with anything Jamy?" I asked, turning my back to Thomas.

"Oh," she waved off the knife "don't bug"

"I'd like to" I smiled.

Jamy sighed as she turned to me, handing me the cutting board along with the veggies and the knife she held.

"Chop these up, please and you," she pointed a finger at Thomas "go wake up the kiddies."

"Yes mam." Thomas leaned in and pecked Jamy on her left cheek before heading towards the staircase.

I pursed my lips in attempt to keep myself from chuckling.

"He can be such a kid." Jamy exclaimed, shaking her head as she bent down to take out a flatiron from the bottom cupboard. "but I suppose that's what makes him easy to love" she sighed out, setting the flatiron on the stove.

"How long have you known them?" I asked, making conversation as I continued to chop.

Jamy took in a deep breathe "I had worked for Tasha for a few years. Ava  and Thomas were usually around at the time and when Ava became pregnant with Julie, she didn't hesitate to ask for my help. Eventually I became a nanny to Julie whilst helping Ava around since—" Jamy paused, I looked up at her "since Julie's father wasn't around often."

I nodded my head, taking in what probably was personal information.

"He stuck around long enough to impregnate Ava yet again. But after Mason was born he took off. Fleeing from his own responsibility as a Father and a fiancé."

"Ava was engaged to him?" I found myself asking, feeling like a complete intruder.

"Mhm, you can imagine how angered Thomas was. That man put Ava through hell. Thomas however, did his best to be there for his sister and his niece and nephew. He's taken good care of them, and it's because of him that Julie and Mason don't ask much for their dad. They don't find a need to search for a father figure when they have such a loving uncle. And I'm sure they wouldn't replace him for anything in this world."

With so much information given I could only nod in response at first.

"I wouldn't have guessed Ava had gone through all that. She's always so cheery, tired, but cheery." I set the knife down having finished my task.

Jamy took the veggies from the cutting board and sautéed them in the flatiron after drizzling olive oil over them.

"There is more Ava has gone through but that's for her to tell." Jamy smiled towards me.

I nodded, returning the smile.

"It's just vegetables and it already smells delicious!" I spoke, as Jamy lowered the heat on the stove.

Just as she began to chuckle I felt small arms wrap around my waist. I looked down to see Julie embracing me. Soon after Thomas entered the kitchen carrying mason in his arms. Both boys laughing with each other.

"Thank you for cuddling with me." Julie's soft voice was muffled as she gave me a tight squeeze before releasing.

"I loved it." I hugged her back.

"Are you staying for dinner?" Julie asked.

"Yup." I said, popping the p.

"Really?" Mason squealed.

I winked in response which caused Mason to giggle and Thomas to smirk.Maybe it was just me, but I began to see Thomas with more loving eyes. I instantly blinked away the thought.

"(y:n)?"

"Yes buggie?"

"Could you and uncle tommy cuddle with me too?" 

I felt Thomas' eyes on me.

"Would you like us to?" I asked, gazing at Thomas.

"Mhm." Mason nodded, causing Thomas and I to smile.

"Okay." I sighed.

"Looks like you'll be staying longer than expected." Jamy chimed in.

"Looks like it." I chuckled, knowing that I had quite the night ahead of me.

A/N
As promised here's the update for Easy Love & I hope you've enjoyed it (:

It's not such a long chapter but we know more of Ava's situation.
Isn't her brother such a sweetheart???

I still can't believe Thomas turned twenty-eight today LOLOLOL I'm in denial.

- doa