Chapter 11: Stars

Demi's POV

I wake up still tired and with a tear-stained face. Yawning, I sit up and reach for my phone to call the recording studio. There's always a chance that the plane did land and just couldn't get a hold of the airlines.

No one picks up, so I leave a message. "Hey, Phil! It's Demi! Just wondering if the girl I sent, Hayley, has come by yet. If not, that's alright, I'm just wondering..." Then I hang up.

Hayley's POV

I wake up after a long, sleepless night on an airport bench, still exhausted. I hope Demi knows that I'm safe; I would hate to worry her. I sit up and grab my suitcase before walking up to the front desk.

"Hello, do you know when I can next fly to LA?" I ask.

"Um... let me see... Yes, you can leave tonight as long as you're fine with flying over-night."

I nod and the lady hands me my ticket.

"Your flight will leave at 11 o'clock tonight. Make sure to call your family and tell them about your plans. Cell service is recovered again, finally," the lady says as I walk back to the bench.

The cell service had been out last night and I wasn't able to call Demi. Sitting down, I take the phone that Demi had given me out of my pocket and dial Demi's number.

"Hello?" Demi answers in a voice signalling that she'd been crying.

"Hi Demi, it's Hayley. I'm just calling to say that I have a flight to LA leaving tonight. There was a storm so we couldn't make it last night," I explain.

"Good," Demi says. "Phil will see you soon then. Have a good flight!"

"Yeah, see you!" I exclaim as both Demi and I hang up.

That evening I get on the plane and climb aboard hoping that I can get some sleep tonight. I sit in my seat and recline it the little bit that it can go. I don't remember the rest of the flight as I drift to sleep, leaving my past behind.