Chapter 31: Catch Me

Hayley's POV

I wake up with an even worse headache than I had in psych. What is Demi doing to me?! I gag a little and almost throw up but lean over the side of the bed so that I don't soil the blanket. Then I let it out. I've become so used to throwing up that a day hasn't been a day without it.

I hear Demi get up and she hands me a pail. I groan a little before I throw up again, then the wave passes. She looks at me. "I think you're having withdrawal symptoms since you obviously were given drugs there," she says.

I nod, but my throat hurts too much to talk. I grab a sticky note from the pad on the bedside table and messily write, 'my throat hurts. can I have some water?'

Demi nods and goes to get me some water to sooth my throat. Some of the other symptoms that I had in psych are gone but my skin burns and really hurts, all over. I write that down too once Demi brings me my water.

"Probably just the swelling going down and whatever's under your bandages," she tries to reassure.

I don't even really remember that much from psych. I don't even know why I'm practically covered in bandages.

"But, I should probably change them," Demi continues, getting out a first-aid kit.

Demi's POV

Hayley seems a bit better today but she's obviously having withdrawal symptoms from the drugs they gave her in psych. I have to change her bandages but am kind of nervous. I have no idea why she is practically covered in bandages.

I take the first aid kit out of the bathroom and walk over to Hayley with it. Sitting down on the side of the bed, I unwrap a bandage from her left forearm. Underneath, she is covered in blood-red scratches. Most of her skin is the same, other than her cut legs, of course.

"Hayley," I half-whisper. "What happened in there?"