Chapter 66: Until You're Mine

Hayley's POV

Sirah comes over soon after Demi leaves with Wilmer and I wish that I could tell her everything about how Demi's basically been ignoring me these past few days. But, at the same time, Demi saved me from going back to my foster home and I don't want to make her seem bad in her friend's eyes.

"Hayley! How are you?" Sirah asks as she steps inside the house.

"Okay," I reply. "I'll just be up in my room."

"How about we watch a movie together or something," Sirah suggests. "I'm sure that Demi wouldn't want you to be alone all evening."

Although I really did want to spend some time alone this evening, I agree and we sit down to watch a movie.

Demi's POV

After Wilmer and I finish eating, we sit and talk for quite some time. I feel like I could talk with him for the rest of my life and never run out of things to say.

"I heard about you adopting," Wilmer mentions as I peer over the booth to see a man with a camera.

"Yeah," I reply," Hayley's great, but a huge responsibility."

"How old is she?"

"14," I reply. "I think we should go someplace else." I point out the paparazzi and Wilmer nods.

We leave the restaurant and go on a bit of a drive before he brings me back home.

"I had a lot of fun with you tonight, Demi," Wilmer says kissing my cheek.

I smile and reply, "Me too." Then I get out of his car and walk up to the front door.

"I'm home!" I call out as I step inside.

I find Hayley and Sirah sleeping on the couch, a movie playing in the background, and smile again. I'm so glad that she co-operated. 

Not wanting to bother them, I walk upstairs to my room and get ready for bed. I can't believe that I got this lucky with life.