Chapter 61: Get Back

Hayley's POV

With my backpack on my back, I hug my kindergarten teacher goodbye with a thank you, and sit on her doorstep to wait for Max and Demi. After a short while, a long black car with tinted windows pulls up to the house and Demi steps out of the back seat.

"Hayley!" she exclaims, running to me.

I stand up and welcome a hug from Demi.

"I was so worried! What were you thinking?" Demi scolds.

"I'm really sorry," I try to defend myself.

"You know I forgive you. I just missed you so much," Demi says, hugging me again before we go into the backseat of the car.

Demi's POV

I am so excited to see Hayley again, but also really mad at her She worried me so much!

We get back to my house around 2 pm and Hayley goes straight up to her room, leaving me alone again.

I hope that this didn't set her too far back in her recovery. She was actually starting to get somewhere before this incident.

Hayley's POV

Although I missed Demi, I don't want her to keep forcing recovery on me. I'm fine on my own!

Once I'm up in my room again, I go into the bathroom to cut my stomach. That way, Demi probably won't notice.

I start high school in 2 more weeks and am really dreading it. I won't have any friends and the girls who bullied me will also be at the same high school.

"Hayley! Supper!" Demi calls up the stairs.

I make sure that the bandages on my stomach are tight enough so that they won't fall off, then go downstairs.