Chapter 18: Lightweight

Demi's POV

I climb into my car without even consulting Phil or my driver. I'm driving, and I don't even care if I get caught by paparazzi; that is how important Hayley is to me at the moment. What if something has happened to her? I start up the car and make my way to the airport.

At the first red light, I book a flight to Las Vegas that leaves in just under an hour. Then, at the airport, I park my car and run into the airport and through security as fast as possible. I am welcomed as I quickly get onto the plane and hope it's a shorter flight and that we won't have turbulence.

Arriving in Vegas, I get off the plane and rush through the airport. Now, where is her foster home? I look at my phone and use Maps to track the phone that I gave Hayley so that she could contact me. Then I pull over a cab and get him to drive to the foster home. Once, I get to the foster home I step inside.

"Hello," I say to the woman who I assume is the foster mother of the house.

"Um... Hi. What are you doing here?" she asks. "Do you want to adopt?"

"Not at the moment. But, I'm looking for Hayley... I don't know her last name. Is she here?" I ask.

"What do you want with her?" the lady questions, getting defensive.

"I just want to know that she's okay," I reply.

"Okay, well, our cleaner, Mrs. Campbell, found her in the bathroom passed out and she was taken to the hospital about 2 hours ago."

"What?! Which hospital?!" I exclaim, suddenly nervous.

"Um... I think, Valley Medical Center. Just about a mile away from here."

"Are you not worried about her at all? Or why aren't you there?" I interrogate.

"She's fine there, and I am not fond of her at the moment," the lady responds.

"Do you think that you could drive me there?"

"Why should I?" the woman sasses.

"Please," I beg.

"Fine. But you'll pay."

I nod and follow her into her car as we drive to the hospital. This better not be too serious. I don't want to leave her side until she's better but my tour starts up on April 15 again. I wonder what happened to her.