Chapter 42: World of Chances

Hayley's POV

I still don't know why Demi's helping me. Even though she said I do, I don't deserve help from anyone. I'm perfectly fine on my own! I am so mad that Demi caught me cutting last night.

I wake up in Demi's bed that morning. Demi's getting dressed on the other side of the room.

"Demi..." I groan, my throat in pain from all the crying last night.

"Good morning, Hayley," Demi says. "How are you?"

"Okay, but my throat hurts."

Demi hands me a glass of water and helps me sit up in her bed.

"Would you like to go to your room to get ready?" Demi asks.

"You trust me?" I question.

"Just go get ready."

I get out of Demi's bed and walk back to the guest room.

Cut! Come on! Demi will never know!

I look into the bathroom. It looks like Demi cleaned up after last night. I walk into the bathroom and look for the razors. Where are they? I can't find the razors or anything sharp anywhere.

"Demi!" I call out in a voice as loud as I can with my still sore throat.

Demi appears in the doorway. "What is it?" she asks.

I whimper slightly as I start to cry again. Why can't I just control my mood these days?

"Yes," Demi says as she understands, "I took your blades."

"Why?" I complain hysterically.

"Because you need to stop and I'm going to help you."

"Fine." It's better to just give in, but I'm annoyed.

"Now," Demi continues, "you're starting school on Monday and you need to get ready."

"Monday? But that's in 4 days!"

"Yup!" Demi says. "Now do you need help, or would you like to pack your backpack on your own?"

"Can you leave?" I ask, not intending on actually packing my bag.

"If you're not going to pack, you may as well just come eat breakfast now. I'll bring it up in half an hour if you want to pack by yourself though."

Demi leaves the room and I decide to pack anyways. I am not looking forward to going to school, in a new school, at that!

Once the backpack is packed, Demi brings up a plate with 2 pancakes on it.

"Here's breakfast," she says as she sits on the bed. and hands me the plate.

I grab the plate and eat a little. I've never been a huge fan of pancakes, but I know that if I don't eat it, Demi won't give me any freedom today.

I finish the pancakes. "I'm going to the bathroom," I say.

Demi doesn't move. "Okay," she says.

I walk into the bathroom. I can't risk Demi hearing me. So, all I do is use the bathroom. But, then my gag reflexes kick in and I throw up without even trying to.

"Hayley!" I hear from outside the bathroom as Demi comes in, using her key.

"I'm sorry!" I cry, "You probably hate me now!"

"No, I don't. I'm just worried about you."

"No, you aren't," I say as Demi hugs me and I collapse slowly onto the floor. 

-----

Double update because I'm almost at 3k and you guys are awesome!