Chapter 26: Remember December

"GIRL! GET UP!" A man's voice yells in my ear, deafening me for a second.

I try to open my eyes but can't. Everything feels heavy and I have a terrible headache. What types of medication did they give me?

"GET UP SO WE CAN EAT BREAKFAST!" the man yells again and I try to sit up but just fall back down in the bed.

I feel my arms loosen from where they were tied and the IV is pulled out of my arm. Then, I am lifted up and carried out of the room and sat at a table. I can still barely see, until the food comes. Oatmeal, yuck!

"Now," a female says in a high, annoying voice, "You must all finish your breakfasts or else you won't get your phone time or free time this afternoon."

What is happening? I don't get it at all!

The mean doctor walks up to me and places the oatmeal in front of me, the smell enough the make me half-choke. Still, I pick up the spoon and take a bite. If possible, it's even worse than the stuff I had yesterday. I take a few more bites until I feel like I can't handle it anymore.

Then the doctor comes and gives me a small pile of pills to swallow with some water and I already know that they're bad. But the people here are scary enough; I can't get them mad.

Carefully, I swallow the pills and almost immediately an extreme hunger and thirst takes over me so I finish the oatmeal and all the water. The doctor gives me a slight grin that looks evil, then takes me back up to the room that I'm staying in.

I need someone to help me, anyone.