Chapter 67: La La Land

Hayley's POV

I wake up the next morning alone on the couch. I guess that Demi made it home after I fell asleep and Sirah has already left. I sit up and walk upstairs to Demi's room.

I knock on the door. "Demi? Are you up?" I ask through the door.

Demi replies by opening the door. She obviously just woke up, with her messy hair and tired eyes, but is still as beautiful as always. I wish I could function like that.

"Wait one minute, I'll make breakfast," Demi says. "Good thing it's Saturday or else we'd be in a rush to get you to school."

School. I'd almost forgotten about that torture chamber. I haven't made any friends yet and I need some sort of a social life while I'm still in high school. But, at the same time I want nothing more than to stay invisible throughout the rest of high school.

"Hayley!" Demi exclaims, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I was wondering if you'd like to come with me into the studio today. You might get to record a little something..."

I smile and agree before going to my room, getting dressed in "rock star" clothes, and putting on some makeup. My cuts are all hidden under my shirt and I feel better than I did yesterday. As long as Demi doesn't ditch me to go hang out with Wilmer again, then it should all be fine. It's not that I don't like Wilmer, it's just that I like alone time with Demi more. I know it's selfish, but that's how I feel.

Demi calls me downstairs and I shake myself fully awake and run down the steps into the kitchen.

"Eat before we go," Demi orders.

I sigh. She hadn't been as strict with food recently, but now recovery-Demi is back and I guess that I have to eat breakfast or she won't let me go to the studio with her.

I eat a few bites and actually finish the food in front of me before we head out to the studio. Of course I feel the need to throw up, but Demi is watching me closely with laser focus and I know that she'll catch me if I try to run to the bathroom.

Arriving at the studio, I feel excitement build in my chest. I'm actually getting the chance to record music today, in Demi's studio!

I shake with nervous excitement as Demi lets me into the booth.

"Show us what you've got," Demi says  and I smile before walking up to the microphone.