Chapter 34: Avalanche

Hayley's POV

The afternoon comes fast, but I'm glad since we're going to LA. Demi had to cancel the rest of her South American tour dates and reschedule them to later on. I wish that she wouldn't do all this for me. I don't matter that much anyway. I'm not sure how Demi will care for me properly, since she'll be on tour again soon, but I guess I can handle it. 

Demi said that once I'm back on my feet, we can continue recording my demo and I'm really excited. She also said, though, that I have to go back to school. The school year is almost finished, but the school close to where Demi lives said that I could still pass grade 8 if I came back by the start of May and passed all the tests. I normally do really well in school, so my hopes are high.

We arrive back in LA later that evening and Demi's driver brings us to Demi's house. I've been inside before, when I was recording my demo the first time, but the large house is still just as impressive as it was before.

"You can stay in the guest room where you did before, right?" Demi asks.

"Yeah, sure," I reply, a little nervous. I'm still struggling to walk and the room is upstairs, so hopefully I get better soon.

Demi helps me walk up the stairs and into the bed. "I'll see you tomorrow," she says, closing the door behind her as she leaves to go to her own room.

I lay in the bed in the clothes I'd changed into that morning and think about the events that have happened over the past few days. After getting out of psych, I've needed a lot of recovery time and still am not back to normal. Those drugs seriously affected me, and I wish I just had stopped cutting that night, before it went too far.

I am completely dreading going to grade 8 again, even if it's in a different school and only for two months. I know that I have to go to please Demi. I sigh as tiredness starts to take over and I slide under the thick blankets on the bed. I start to relax and finally fall asleep.