Chapter 30: Tell Me You Love Me

Demi's POV

Phil was supposed to be back with Hayley by now. Maybe their flight was just delayed. But, what if Hayley wasn't even allowed to leave psych? I just hope that she's alright.

A few minutes later I hear a knock on my hotel room door and walk over to answer it. When the door opens, I see that it's Phil and Marissa, Phil holding a sleeping Hayley. Hayley looks much worse than when I left her. A majority of her visible skin is bandaged and swollen, her hair is a mess, her wrists have thick indents on them, and her clothes are ratted. Whatever happened in psych, made her worse, not better.

I grab Hayley from Phil. "Can you both go for now?" I ask in a somber voice.

Phil nods and leads Marissa away from my hotel room.

I lay Hayley down on the bed and look at her. Leaving her in psych wasn't a good choice, but at the same time, it wasn't really my choice to make.

Hayley's eyes struggle to open, probably because her skin is so swollen. "Demi?" she asks in a hoarse voice.

"Yeah," I reply, "It's okay. I won't leave you anywhere again."

Hayley smiles a little but it's obviously painful to her.

"I need to throw up," she says, trying to sit up.

I hand her a bucket and let her throw up. It's like she can't stop. She's probably even skinnier than when she went to the hospital and I know that they weren't treating her right there.

"You'll get better Hayley," I whisper, mostly to myself. "I promise that I'll help you."