Chapter 35: What To Do

I wake up that morning, get out of bed, and walk downstairs with little trouble to see Demi making breakfast. I really don't want to eat breakfast, but I know that Demi won't let it go until I do.

"Good morning," I greet as I walk to the table and sit in a plushy chair.

"Morning, Hayley." Demi places some eggs and bacon in front of me.

Although, it smells like pretty good food, at the same time the smell and look of grease make me half-gag. I still smile up at Demi since she went through all the trouble. I pick up my fork and eat a few bites, trying to mentally calculate a way to burn off all the fat and calories. 

"We're going to go out and buy you some stuff for school today," Demi explains as she eats her breakfast, much faster than me, which isn't saying much.

"It's okay," I reply. "You don't have to spend any money on me."

"I'm willing to." Demi smiles, placing her hand on my shoulder for a second before continuing her breakfast.

"I really don't want to go to school," I complain. I know I sound annoying and too "needy" but I hate kids my age, other than Lydia. I hate the way I'm acting, but I can't stop. I'm surprised Demi hasn't already sent me back for acting like a spoiled brat which I never have before.

"I know you don't," Demi sighs, "but you have to. And, it's only for two months."

I nod and finish the plate. I'm grateful to Demi for putting less food on my plate. I still need to burn off these calories though.

"Can I go get ready to leave now?" I ask.

Demi nods. "We'll leave in half an hour."

I run up to Demi's guest room and into the connected bathroom. Inside, I throw up all of the breakfast that I can, immediately feeling guilty. But, it's feeling guilty or being fat, and I'd way rather be guilty until the day I die than be fat. I quickly get dressed, comb my hair, and put on a bit of makeup, then run back down the stairs to find Demi waiting for me, ready to go.

"Ready?" Demi questions.

"Yup!" I say, sounding too excited.

I follow Demi outside and we climb into the backseat of her car. Her driver then drives us to the mall.

Once we've shopped for a few hours, we go to the food court for some lunch. 

"Hayley?" I hear a man's voice ask. "It's been forever."

I turn around and see him, standing behind me. Then, I run.

----------

Thanks so much for 2k reads!

-IAmALovatic4Life