Chapter 57: Hold Up

Demi's POV

"Demi, we're going to send you back on tour," my manager, Phil, says, looking at me.

 "Already?" I ask. "But Hayley's missing and I need to find her first!"

"I'm sorry, Demi," Phil says, "but we already have planned concerts for next week, in South America."

"Fine," I agree, reluctantly.

Phil nods and excuses me from our meeting.

I arrive home a while later and start to pack my suitcase. I try calling Hayley's phone one more time, but she doesn't answer. I am super worried about her, but Phil sure doesn't seem to care. He wasn't very happy about my decision to adopt Hayley in the first place.

I grab my now filled suitcase and leave the house, climbing into the back of the car to go to the airport.

Hayley's POV

I eat supper with my kindergarten teacher, then go into her bathroom and throw it up. She is really kind, but I cannot accept her hospitality. I know that I can't stay here for more than one night.

Once she is asleep, I sneak out of her house and walk back to my mom's grave.

"Hi again, Mom," I say, kneeling next to her cold stone. "I need advice. Should I go back to Demi's and let her help me... or should I stay I stay on the streets and live my way?" I blink back tears as I lift my head and place it on my mom's name. "I love Demi and the fact that she seems to care, but I don't know if I even want to get better." I sit back and think for a second. "You know what? I'm going back to Demi's."

I stand up and start on the walk back to LA.

Although I am exhausted, a feeling of happiness swells up in my chest when I reach the gate at Demi's house. I ring the bell. Then, I wait for a while, but the gate doesn't open. Where is Demi? I ring the bell a few more times, but when there isn't an answer, I lose hope. Once I'm sure that nobody will answer, I turn around and head back onto the streets.