Chapter 12: Daydream

We arrive in LA, and I climb off the airplane after the flight, looking around for whoever's supposed to pick me up. I see a man in black and sunglasses holding up a sign that says "Hayley." I walk towards him and say, "I'm Hayley."

He nods and asks, "Who sent you?"

"Demi Lovato," I answer as the man nods and leads me towards a black car with tinted windows. I climb inside.

Sitting in the back of the car, I think of the events that have taken place over the last few days. Who would've though that something like this would have happened? I haven't even cut since two nights before I left the foster home.

I am very shy and introverted, but being a musician has always been one of my dreams. If Demi can actually make that happen, I would be ecstatic.

I smile nervously as Demi's driver helps me out the backseat and leads me to the recording studio. I pinch myself, hoping that this isn't all just a dream. I'm lead into a recording booth and look around amazed. "This is beautiful," I say as I marvel at the sight.

The driver shrugs and leads me into another room.

"Hello," a man that I recognize as a famous producer greets as I step carefully into the room.

"Hi," I reply, suddenly nervous.

"Don't worry; I don't bite," he jokes. "Now Demi tells me that you'd like to work on recording a demo. What time of style are you going for? Covers, originals, mixture? And which genre? Maybe some pop, a bit of rock?"

I look him straight in the eyes and say, "No bubblegum pop. I like writing originals and my favorite genre to sing is pop-rock with some ballads mixed in as well. Sort of like a mixture between Paramore, Avril Lavigne, and old-Demi."

He nods, taken over by my sudden speech. "Then, let's get writing," he smiles as he hands me some note paper and starts throwing around ideas.