Chapter 47: Two Worlds Collide

Hayley's POV

I wake up the next morning to my 6 a.m. alarm. I'm dreading school again today. Yesterday, I sat in the bathroom for most of the day and I don't want a repeat of that. The only good part is that Demi isn't there to force me to eat lunch.

I get out of bed and get dressed for school. I wear a sweater over a t-shirt to cover my scars since I'm not in the mood to try to cover them with makeup. I also wear black skinny jeans then tie my hair up into a ponytail.

"Hayley!" Demi calls just as I run out of my room with my backpack. "Here's some yogurt," she says, "you'll have to eat it on the way since I slept in." She half-laughs to herself.

I grab the yogurt and climb into the passenger seat beside Demi so that she can drive me to school.

"See you later, Demi!" I say as we arrive at the school, trying to sound excited even though I'm beyond nervous.

I walk into my homeroom even though I consider ditching.

"Hello Hayley," the teacher says. "I see that you decided to join us today."

I nod nervously with a tight smile, then sit down in the same desk as yesterday.

"Hi," a girl says.

I look up. "Are you talking to me?"

"Yeah," she replies. "You're new right?"

I nod. I don't recognize her, but she still probably saw me yesterday when I made a fool out of myself.

"What's your name?" she asks.

"Hayley."

"Cool," she smiles. "Mine's Kennedy; nice to meet you."

"You too," I say, not wanting to upset the first potential friend at my new school. I know that I normally like to stay in the shadows, unnoticed, but maybe it wouldn't be so bad to try to make a friend. Especially since Demi told me that I wouldn't be allowed to continue working on my demo until I get better, so there's not much hope there.

"Okay, students," the teacher says. "Time to get out your math."

Kennedy helps me get caught up in the current math unit. I've always been pretty good at math, so I catch up pretty easily.

The school day is much better than yesterday and I really feel like Kennedy might become a good friend. At the end of the school day, I grab my backpack and walk outside with Kennedy.

"Bye!" Kennedy exclaims, walking towards her older sister's car.

"Bye," I reply, walking to Demi's car and getting in beside Demi.

"Was today any better?" Demi asks.

I nod. "I think I made a friend," I reply.

"Sounds good. What's her name?"

"Kennedy," I answer as Demi starts to drive us back to her house. We arrive back home and I carry my backpack, filled with catch-up homework, into the guest room, which I guess has become my room.

"I'll call you down when it's supper!" Demi calls up the stairs as I settle onto the queen-sized bed with some homework. The old phone that Demi gave me buzzes with a text notification.

Kennedy: can u come over tomorrow?
Hayley: Prob, just have to ask
K: Ok

"Demi!" I call down the stairs. "Can I go to Kennedy's tomorrow?"

"As long as you're home by 10!" Demi calls back.

H: Yeah, just have 2 b home by 10
K: Awesome!
H: Ttyl?
K: Ttyl!

I turn off the phone and continue with my homework until it's time for supper. I'm still trying to come up with ways to avoid eating, but Demi keeps a very close eye on me.

For once, though, I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow.

----

Sorry, that this chapter was so terribly boring. I needed a filler and the next one is as well, but I'm planning a plot twist and some bad things to happen, so get ready!

-IAmALovatic4Life