Chapter 74: Heart By Heart

Demi's POV

I allow Hayley to go back to school. I feel as if she's finally doing a little better and I hope that I'm not ruining her progress. She will now start going to therapy a few times every week instead of every other day and the therapist is in the process of diagnosing Hayley.

I drop her off at the therapist's office after school and head to Wilmer's. I've told Hayley that I'm going to the studio, but in reality I haven't been going to the studio a lot lately. I miss Wilmer too much but don't want to leave Hayley home alone after what happened last time.

"How's Hayley?" he asks.

"As can be expected," I reply.

After my "date" with Wilmer, I go to pick up Hayley, then head to the library with her before going home. I'm super curious as to if she's been diagnosed with anything, but I can tell that she doesn't want to talk.

After therapy once a week, we go to the library together. I never really knew this before, but Hayley is a huge bookworm and reading, in addition to music, has really been helping her cope.

Once we arrive home, I let Hayley go to have some alone time in her room. I took her blades away, at least the ones I've found and I'm trying hard to trust her. After her first therapy session I received a call saying that Hayley needs time alone daily to prevent introvert hangover, which sounds like a terrible thing. I really don't want to stress her out even more.

A few minutes later, my cell phone rings.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hayley and I did some work today and I believe that we have properly diagnosed her."

"Really?" I ask. I'm curious but I don't want to push it.

"Hayley has been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. If you have any questions you can feel free to call me and ask. I've dealt with many patients with Borderline in the past and am happy to be able to help her."

"Okay," I say. "See you in a few days!" I hang up the phone.

Should I go talk to her about it or would she rather me leave her alone? I don't know but I'm really scared for her. I wonder how she's dealing with this new-found information.

At around 5 I go downstairs and make supper for Hayley and I. I've been trying really hard to make meals that Hayley is okay with eating. She isn't a super picky eater, thankfully, other than the fact that she doesn't like eating at all.

"Hayley! Supper!" I call up the stairs. She has been getting a little better with eating at least a partial meal without complaining too much and hasn't tried running to the bathroom in a few days, so at least she's showing improvement.

Hayley comes walking down the stairs a minute later and sits down with me at the kitchen island. I made a chicken salad since I've found that Hayley will eat more if it's mostly vegetables. She eats a lot of salad and as long as she's eating, I don't really care what it is.

After supper, Hayley and I sit in the living room to talk.

"Hayley," I say, "as you already know, there will be no more recording your music until you've been clean from cutting for 3 months and you have shown improvement with your eating. I heard from your therapist today. I understand that you have Borderline, but I still want to see you get better."

"Okay," she says. "Can I go to my room now?"

I check the clock. "In 10 minutes."

I'm so glad that she's getting better. I just hope that going back to school won't ruin it all for her.