SkyMU

• Dedicated to DarkWing6

SkyMU, suggested by DarkWing6 on fanfiction.net

Jason's POV

Be brave. Be brave. Be brave.

You can do this.

It's not that hard.

And if he doesn't feel the same way, well...

Worst case scenario, he hates you and never speaks to you again. No biggie, right?

I can't do this.

"What was it you wanted to tell me, Jason?" Sky asks. I look up at him where he sits on his living room couch. I wish he'd let me see his eyes. They're probably the most beautiful things on the planet.

"I- I... Um..." I can't tell him. Abort the mission, abort the mission! Okay, plan B, think of something else to say to fill the silence that you just made awkward. Uh... "Can I see your eyes?"

He shrugs. "Depends. Can I see your face? You take off the helmet, I'll take off the sunglasses."

"Erm, no, sorry." I am not showing my ugly face to the love of my life. Not that he loves me back. Wait, is it still okay to call him the love of my life if he doesn't love me back, so long as it's only in my head?

"Then I'm not showing you my eyes."

"Please?"

"Please?"

"Please what? I told you, I'm not taking off the helmet."

"Please what? I told you, I'm not taking off the glasses."

"Why not?"

"Why not?"

"Are you copying me?"

"Are you copying me?"

"Stop copying me!"

"Stop copying me!"

"Will you continue to copy me?"

Here's my chance! Be brave, be brave! "I love you."

"I lo- wait, what!?" He stands there, shocked.

He didn't say it back.

Snap. This is not going as planned.

I laugh nervously. "I just wanted to see if you'd really copy everything I said," I lie.

"Oh," he says simply. What, is he... is he disappointed?

"Yeah... Heh... Well... I g-guess I'll be going now..."

"Can't you stay?" he asks.

No way, the intense awkwardness is gonna suffocate me if I stay any longer. "Uh, n-no. I need to... to sort through my chests."

"Oh. Okay. Um... I guess I'll... see you later?"

"Uh-huh. Um, actually, wait. On three, I take off the helmet and you take off the glasses. Then I leave. Kay?" I suggest.

WHY WOULD I SUGGEST THAT?

"Sounds good to me," he says, grinning.

I take a deep breath. "One... two..."

He yells, "Three!" He rips off his sunglasses and I hesitantly pop my helmet off.

We stare at each other for a good five minutes. Eventually, I whisper, "Wow." His eyes are perfect. A swirl of dark and light brown and a bit of green around the edges, with little specks of black decorating them. Perfection. Beautiful.

He seems captivated by my appearance as well, but I can't tell if he's staring because he likes it or because he's never seen anything so ugly.

"Uh... Bye," I say quickly. I turn to leave, and I'm almost to the door when I hear him whisper it. The thing I've been wanting to hear from his lips for the past five years. It's barely even audible. I wasn't meant to hear it. But I did. And I'm glad. So right before I shut the door, I say it back. "I love you."

I hear him gasp as he registers my response, and as I walk down the gravel path to my car, I hear his muffled yells. "YES! Yes! He feels the same way!"

Yes.

We feel the same way.

Well. That was short. And not at all what I wanted it to be. But, hey, it's something! Maybe I'll make a better SkyMU later. Yes, I will definitely do that. More drama. (But don't worry Madii, I won't kill everyone!)