Merome Fluff

Hey, guys! Here's some Merome fluff. It's not as fluffy as I'd like it to be, but it's sort of fluffy, so... I dunno. I did my best, sorry. Hope you like it anyways. ALSO, I'm so sorry for being super slow with writing all your prompts out, but... er, actually, I have no excuse, I'm just lazy. I'm sitting in my living room going, “Urg, I'm so booored... I have nothing to do.... Life is pointless. *insert existential crisis to free me of boredom* Oh, wait. I have, like, seven prompt to write.

Eh, I don't really wanna...”

BUT THEY WILL GET WRITTEN! (eventually)

Pairing: Merome (Mitch and Jerome)

Suggested by: bravespirtgirl on Wattpad

Original Prompt: Merome fluff

Warnings: No good haters tell Mitch to kill himself, and the story tells you that he almost tried once. That's all, no detail.

Word Count: 726 (Can you say 'SHORT?')

☼☼☼

Mitch cringed as he read yet another hate comment about how insensitive he was toward Seto. He wanted to tell them that is wasn't like that at all, that they were still friends and all that jazz, but it would probably just make them angrier. They'd think he was denying it. They'd hate on him even more.

“Insensitive jerk. This guy isn't even good at Minecraft, what's he doing playing the Hunger Games?” another comment read. Mitch sighed. That was a video where he'd died at the very beginning due to some stupid decision. It certainly wasn't the Duke of Power Moves at his best.

The next comment was something like, “Pfft, this dude isn't funny at all, and his videos are past stupid.”

The next: “Hey, Mitchell, you aren't wanted here after what you did to Seto! You know he's depressed now? I hope you are, too. I hope you're hurting yourself. In fact, I hope you kill yourself.” Mitch winced, and his eyes widened as he realized that he was now crying. What they didn't know was that Mitch had actually tried to kill himself once, a long time ago, but Jerome had stopped him just in time. Jerome had saved his life.

Mitch decided that he needed Jerome right now. Really badly.

He picked up the laptop and carried it downstairs to where Jerome was watching TV on the couch. “U-Uh... Jerome?”

“What's up, buddy?” Jerome asked, turning the TV down. When he saw Mitch's tear-streaked face, however, he turned the television completely off and stood up to meet his friend. “Biggums, what's wrong?”

Mitch took a deep breath and turned the computer so Jerome could see the screen. Worry and a bit of anger flooded his face after he had read the “kill yourself” one. He took the laptop from Mitch and sat back down on the couch, quickly typing out an angry reply to the comment's author. Then he set the computer down on the coffee table and stood up to encase Mitch in a hug. “Don't listen to them, Mitch, you're great.”

Mitch sniffled a bit and hugged back, trying not to cry. Five seconds later he gave up and started sobbing into Jerome's shoulder. “I-I'm sorry,” he choked out after a while.

“No, it's perfectly fine,” Jerome reassured him. “You need to let it out every once and a while.” He glanced at his watch. “It's, like, 2 AM, though. Time for bed.”

Mitch frowned as he pulled away. He really didn't want to spend a night alone. He was kind of scared of what he might do to himself. “C-Can I... Could I maybe s-sleep with you tonight?”

Jerome smiled tiredly, but kindly. “Of course, Biggums. C'mon, I'll carry you.”

Mitch giggled as Jerome picked him up and carried him bridal style up the stairs to his bedroom. He dropped him onto the bed and then jumped in beside him after turning out the lights. Jerome turned away so his back was facing Mitch, and curled up under the covers. Mitch hesitantly scooted closer, wrapping his arms around Jerome's torso. “Is it okay with you if... if we cuddle?” he asked nervously.

Jerome was glad the dark his his wide smile as he turned around to face Mitch. “Definitely,” he said, wrapping his arms around Mitch. Oh, snap, I hope I didn't sound too eager, he thought as he started to pull his arms away.

Mitch shook his head quickly. “No, no, leave them there, please.”

Jerome smiled and cuddled up to Mitch. He watched as his crush's breathing evened, and assumed he was asleep. He whispered happily, “Goodnight, Biggums. I love you,” before gently pressing a kiss to his forehead.

Mitch's eyes snapped open in surprise.

Jerome jerked back. “I- uh, I'm... I didn't... Oh, geez...”

Mitch grinned, pulling Jerome closer to him. “No, it's okay. Leave them there, please. Er, actually...” He pulled Jerome's face closer to his. “Leave them... here.” He pressed his lips against Jerome's in a short, sweet kiss, and then pulled away and snuggled up next to him, closing his eyes. “I love you, Jerome,” he whispered sleepily.

Jerome couldn't contain his ear-to-ear grin. “I love you, too, Mitch.”