Ssunkipz (Apologize)

• Dedicated to Radradha48

Title: Apologize

Pairing: Ssunkipz

Suggested by: Radradha48 on fanfiction . net

Original Prompt: "Do some Ssundee with someone."

Genre: I guess you have to decide on this one.

Song: "Apologize" by Timbaland ft. One Republic

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1,006

Ian's POV

I'm holding on your rope, got me ten feet of the ground

And I'm hearing what you say but I just can't make you sound

You tell me that you need me, then you go and cut me down

But wait

You tell me that you're sorry, didn't think I'd turn around

And say

"I'm sorry, Ian, I really am! Please, you have to forgive me!" Quentin begs, reaching for my hand.

I yank it away. I love him, I swear I do. I probably always will. But I am not going to let him hurt me again, no matter how much I love him. He is the world to me, but I'm just a toy to him. Someone to turn to for comfort in the form of a boyfriend whenever he gets dumped. "No."

"Ian, please, I need you!" he insists, stepping toward me. There's about a foot of space between us, and if he gets any closer I'm pretty sure I'll break down and kiss him.

"No. No, you don't. I'm just someone you can date for status, just to say you're not single. And as soon as someone else comes along," I say, tears gathering in my eyes, "you'll toss me aside and run after them."

Quentin sighs, shaking his head and stepping closer still. "You mean a lot more to me than that, Ian. I just, I can be a complete idiot sometimes, and I shouldn't have let you go."

"You let me go three times."

"And I regret all three of them. Please, Ian, please take me back!" He steps closer. There's only three inches of spaces between our faces.

I can't help it. "Okay."

That it's too late to 'pologize

It's too late

I said it's too late to 'pologize

It's too late, yeah, oh

I'd take another chance, take a fall, take a shot from you, oh

Um I need you like a heart needs a beat, but that's nothing new, yeah yeah

I loved you with a fire red, now it's turning blue

And you say

"Sorry" like the angel heaven let me think was you

An' but I'm afraid

"What- But- What?"

"I'm breaking up with you, Ian. Really sorry 'bout that."

No, no you're not! "You said-"

"I guess I lied. I'm really sorry, but we just aren't meant to be," Quentin says, shrugging. "Hey, don't be sad! You'll find someone else, I'm sure!" How can I fall in love with someone else when I'm still trying to fall out of love with you?

"But-"

"Bye, Ian, I'm going out to the movies with Dakota! See ya later?"

"U-Uh... Yeah, I-I guess..."

It's too late to 'pologize

It's too late

I said it's too late to 'pologize

It's too late, woah, oh

"I'm so freaking sorry, that was a huge mistake!" Quentin tells me, squeezing my hand. I glance down at it warily, but I don't take it away. I want this too much to take it away.

"Four times, Quentin. You have dated and dumped me four times."

"I'm sorry," he says simply. Come on, Ian, leave! Just leave, tell him it's too late to apologize, tell him you're done with his games! Why can't you do this, Ian?

"How do I know you're not going to date me for a week and then break up with me again?"

"I promise you I won't. Please, just, let me try again?"

"Quentin-

"Ian."

"... Fine."

xXx

"Elizabeth and I are going to the park for a picnic! Bye, Ian!"

I knew this would happen, I freaking knew it. So why does it still hurt so much?

"Bye!"

It's too late to 'pologize

It's too late

I said it's too late to 'pologize

It's too late

"Please, Ian!"

"Five times. Five, Quentin."

"I know, I know! And I'm so terribly sorry. I promise, though, I'll change! I'll stay with you, I'll stay by your side forever, Ian!"

"It's too late to apologize. You had five freaking chances, Quentin. We're done for good."

I said it's too late to 'pologize, yeah

I walk into the living room. The lights are all off, and the TV is at the title screen of some romantic comedy. There's a soft blanket lying in the middle of the floor between the couch and the TV, and it has eight pillows surrounding it sloppily. There are red and pink rose petals sprinkled all around the little blanket-pillow thingy, and there are two buckets of buttery popcorn sitting in front of the TV.

I remember telling Quentin once that this would be my perfect date.

A smile slowly creeps onto my face as Quentin walks into the room holding a box of chocolates in the shape of a heart. "Ta-da!" he says softly, holding them out to me.

I hesitantly take them from his hand. Wow, he even remembered my favorite kind of chocolate. "I- goodness gracious," I whisper, glancing at the pillow-blanket thingy.

"It's for us, if you'd like to watch a movie with me?" he asks, looking worried.

He did all of this for me? "U-Uh... Y-Yeah, let's do it!" I reply. He smiles, grabs my hand, and pulls me over to the blanket on the floor. I click the play button on the TV remote while he arranges the pillows in a circle around us. Then he picks up a bunch of flower petal and places them in a small heart shape on one of the pillows. I laugh.

This is perfect. "I love you, Ian, whether you believe it or not," Quentin whispers in my ear.

I giggle quietly. "I love you, too."

"Will you be mine again?"

"Of course."

I'm holding on your rope got me ten feet off the ground...

☼☼☼

So. You guys decide.

Was it a happy ending, or not?

Quentin got Ian to be his again. They 'love' each other. Quentin even made this cute little romantic date for Ian.

But what if, in a few weeks, Ian is standing in front of Quentin saying, "Six times, Quentin," and wishing he had stuck with his 'too late to apologize' plan?

What if?